THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Sep 18, 2012, 5:52pm   #1
darryl
Still can't quit day job.

darryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud of
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default Am I good enough here?

Haven't played in a few months. This was a live game. Nothing interesting happened during the session, so I'm posting this hand. That and no one posts in the strategy sections anymore.

$1-2 NL 9 handed. I'm sitting on about $180 in late position. A couple of limpers, I look down at 88 and raise it up to $10. SB and BB both call, so roughly $50 in the pot with five in the hand, I'm last to act. I had been playing pretty tight mostly just from being card dead.

Flop is K55. SB goes all in for his last $37. He had been playing a short stack game most of the time. He would do stuff like have $30, raise $12 pre and no one would call him since it was getting all in. It folds around to me. I'm thinking I only have to be good like 1 in 3 times and I should probably call.

But then I'm thinking there's no way he would take a stab at it with 4 more people to act. Then I was trying to decide if he was decent or not, and the fact that he was playing short made me think that he wasn't, but then I'm thinking, still - 4 people.

So what range to you put him on? Assuming he was small blind and has no problem even while short stack, putting 25% of his stack and and folding or pushing.

-d
darryl est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 6:00pm   #2
BeluA
yo dafty

BeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond repute

really hard to construct a range where you have 25% against

Id expect him to jam AJo+ 99+ or something like that pre

and most shorties dont donkjam QTs here ever .. so he is super Kx heavy, which has you crushed with ~92%
BeluA est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 8:23pm   #3
darryl

darryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud of
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeluA View Post
Id expect him to jam AJo+ 99+ or something like that pre
See, he doesn't seem to jam pre, he just raises while short. If I saw him jamming pre, it would be easier to fold to his bet on the flop. I guess I'd put him on more Kx hands then. I dunno.

-d
Old Sep 18, 2012, 8:39pm   #4
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute

yeah this is pretty awful.

he obviously has a bunch of kings, probably down to about KT and K8s, plus a few 5s, all of which you're worse than 10/1 dog against. maybe the odd TT or 99 if he gets slap happy, same situation. even if he is sticking it in with something like JT, you're only a ~3/1 favourite...

all told his value range probably has something like 65 combinations of cards in it against which you have about 8.4% equity. you need like 31% equity to call taking the rake into account. you have 73.2% equity against the fluff, so;

(65*0.084) + 0.732x = 31

5.46 + 0.732x = 31

0.732x = 25.54

x = 35

which is convenient because 35+65 = 100, so he has to be betting here with bollocks a full 35% of the time for you to be able to call.

i think it's reasonable to assume that 35% of his range isn't garbage given the number of players he'd have to get through.

Kc
Old Sep 18, 2012, 9:14pm   #5
BeluA
yo dafty

BeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond repute

while we are on it..

whats our play on:

K54r
K76r
K32hh
BeluA est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 5:19pm   #6
darryl

Yeah, I kind of thought it was a bad call. It was time to leave one hand before that. Man, I'm terrible at NL cash games. It sucks I can't get in a PLO game without driving kind of far and still having no guarantee of the game even going. Not that I'm better at PLO, but the players are terrible.

-d
Old Oct 19, 2012, 9:30pm   #7
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
Yeah, I kind of thought it was a bad call.
-d
KK5 and you can call

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 5:19pm   #8
WESTCOPPPP
Fish

WESTCOPPPP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
Haven't played in a few months. This was a live game. Nothing interesting happened during the session, so I'm posting this hand. That and no one posts in the strategy sections anymore.

$1-2 NL 9 handed. I'm sitting on about $180 in late position. A couple of limpers, I look down at 88 and raise it up to $10. SB and BB both call, so roughly $50 in the pot with five in the hand, I'm last to act. I had been playing pretty tight mostly just from being card dead.

Flop is K55. SB goes all in for his last $37. He had been playing a short stack game most of the time. He would do stuff like have $30, raise $12 pre and no one would call him since it was getting all in. It folds around to me. I'm thinking I only have to be good like 1 in 3 times and I should probably call.

But then I'm thinking there's no way he would take a stab at it with 4 more people to act. Then I was trying to decide if he was decent or not, and the fact that he was playing short made me think that he wasn't, but then I'm thinking, still - 4 people.

So what range to you put him on? Assuming he was small blind and has no problem even while short stack, putting 25% of his stack and and folding or pushing.

-d
r d K5 suited
WESTCOPPPP est déconnecté   Reply With Quote