THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Feb 13, 2013, 2:26pm   #1
kdaam
Flop Artist

kdaam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Multiway pot(2-7)

Everyone limps to your BB. SB discards 3 you discard 4, 2 limpers discard 3, 2 discard 2.

Should you only bet very strong hands due to the large number of opponents or can you bet marginal hands and expect cards to be spread around preventing anyone from making a wheel?

What if you were on the button?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:54pm   #2
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

a wheel is A2345. not a good hand in 2-7.

i really want to point out that 23 of the 30 cards currently in peoples hands are ranked 2-8, that the stock is 3 low and 2 high cards, the muck is 2 low cards and 15 high cards, which creates a stock of 5 low and 17 high cards for the next draw, whereupon i would do some elegant math and analysis and suggest that you shouldn't bet anything rougher than 85432 and draw no weaker than 7652, but i won't.

what you really need to be doing at this point is reading books rather than asking questions. we can answer your questions but the answers really won't be of much use to you without the framework of knowledge to slot them into. also picking one game and learning it rather than jumping between variants will probably get you there faster.

Kc
Old Feb 14, 2013, 7:51am   #3
kdaam
Flop Artist

I thought in the context of TD a wheel referred to any 7-high. I stand corrected.

Downloaded super/system 2 and I'm making my way through the TD section.

Why do you get the impression I'm jumping between variants?
I am proficient at NLHE cash games and STTs but have limited experience at large field MTTs as few of the B&M venues around me could attract and accommodate more than 30 players.

Now I've taken an interest in triple draw and felt like posting some questions between sessions as the forums seem dormant.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

kdaam
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:43pm   #4
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdaam View Post
I thought in the context of TD a wheel referred to any 7-high. I stand corrected.
people have taken to calling #1 (75432) a wheel, i consider this needlessly confusing and am trying to irradicate it.

Quote:
Why do you get the impression I'm jumping between variants?
because you're posting hands from different variants. bit of a giveaway really.

Quote:
I am proficient at NLHE cash games and STTs
we probably have different definitions of proficient. the fact remains, better to do one thing well than 3 things badly. depends on your goals really.

Quote:
but have limited experience at large field MTTs as few of the B&M venues around me could attract and accommodate more than 30 players.
i wouldn't use your live experience as a benchmark. you're british right? my experience of those little 30 man tournaments is that virtually everyone is a cretin.

Quote:
Now I've taken an interest in triple draw and felt like posting some questions between sessions as the forums seem dormant.
i don't think we actually have any triple draw players any more. i've played it a bit. swoop's played it in 8game tournaments but that's a totally different beast. neither of us would claim to be particularly good at it.

Quote:
Thanks for taking the time to reply.
you're welcome.

Kc
Old Feb 15, 2013, 1:03pm   #5
kdaam
Flop Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post

Quote: I am proficient at NLHE cash games and STTs

we probably have different definitions of proficient. the fact remains, better to do one thing well than 3 things badly. depends on your goals really.

Kc
We also seem to have different definitions of "jump". Excuse me for playing micro-stakes poker for fun during my free time. If you want to use it as an outlet for your maths skills that's fine; no need to judge the play of someone you've never met or seen play based on some nationalistic prejudices.

I'll be sure to describe my play as fabulous or legendary, whichever annoys you and your archaic understanding of English more.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 5:30pm   #6
killcrazy
Apex Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdaam View Post
no need to judge the play of someone you've never met or seen play based on some nationalistic prejudices.
I asked if you were British. I'm British you thick cunt.

I'm judging your play based on the hand histories and analysis you've posted here.

Quote:
I'll be sure to describe my play as fabulous or legendary, whichever annoys you and your archaic understanding of English more.
and i'm sure you'll have a merry old time creating dozens of threads nobody replies to.

one last piece of advice. when someone who knows better than you takes the time to try and help you, it's probably -EV to be a dick.

Kc