THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Site Reviews

Old May 03, 2012, 2:38am   #11
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker View Post
Don't know. They lose ~$500M or so right off the bat paying off FT debts though.
yeah. i'm assuming that these aren't a feature of the 750 figure.

how much of those debts are debts to players though? ie player funds? because those aren't going to go flying out the door.

Quote:
And alot of those people surely would already use Stars.
just like they did 18 months ago.

there are a number of advantages to having multiple brands in a single marketplace. that's why yum owns pizza hut, kfc and taco bell, why general motors owns buick, chevrolet and cadillac, and why unilever owns almost 100 home and personal care brands.

Quote:
I'll be surprised if it comes to fruition.
it would certainly be in pokerstars interests to drive the price up...and doing the former owners a favour couldn't hurt.

Kc

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old May 05, 2012, 6:21am   #12
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker View Post
Don't know. They lose ~$500M or so right off the bat paying off FT debts though.
yeah. i'm assuming that these aren't a feature of the 750 figure.
750 does include the player funds fwiw so thats the total amount theyll pay including fines and paying people back

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2012, 12:32pm   #13
Bonsai29
fortune´s biggest pimp

Bonsai29 has a spectacular aura aboutBonsai29 has a spectacular aura aboutBonsai29 has a spectacular aura about

i'm pretty sure PS will try to purchase FTP. not because they think its worth the 750m, but for other reasons:

- be cool w/ the DoJ and get the chance to enter the us market if regulated
- publicity
- get rid of a potential competitor
- Dikshit did it, and so will scheinberg. buy a 'don't go to jail' card

if anyone doubts the rumor, i can only say, that the WSJ had an article about it, and i'm sure they have their sources.
"I wouldn't be so quick to blame TV poker. I would wager it's something more in the neighborhood of poor upbringing / sub-par schools / eating paint chips and other various household toxins. If they didn't have poker to yell (or type) nonsensically about, they would just stand on the street corner and scream obscenities." zolaboy
---

"building a huge catapult clearly is the best solution here"

2muchMoney

Bonsai29 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2012, 2:15am   #14
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ozone

Apparently some statement from FTP/Stars is expected by the end of the month.

"How do I become more pro? I gotta learn math?" - fuedallord
Ozone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2012, 11:47pm   #15
MikeAK47
Unproffesional

MikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to all

I hope so! Give me my money back you shits!

Can't even remember how much I had on the site it was so long ago, like $500 or some shit?

Be a nice lil BR boost if the deal is done.

PS have proven themselves to be trustworthy and shit, with more assets they will (in the voice of Bill Fillmaff) "DOMINATE!".