THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Dec 09, 2012, 5:56pm   #1
darryl
Still can't quit day job.

darryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud of
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default Off to play some PLO...

Any last minute advice? I haven't played in a while. 1 gappers should be at the low end - check. If you don't have a boat on a paired board be careful - check. The insanely aggressive guy with a huge stack, probably knows a thing or two despite his actions - check. Naked straight on a 2 suited board proceed with caution when stacks are huge - check.

-d
darryl est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Dec 09, 2012, 9:55pm   #2
joeyjoejoejr
Professional

joeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
Any last minute advice? I haven't played in a while. 1 gappers should be at the low end - check. If you don't have a boat on a paired board be careful - check. The insanely aggressive guy with a huge stack, probably knows a thing or two despite his actions - check. Naked straight on a 2 suited board proceed with caution when stacks are huge - check.

-d
If you bet the flop with a draw and the turn pairs you should almost always follow through with a turn bluff. Doesnt have to be anywhere near pot.
joeyjoejoejr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 6:48pm   #3
darryl

darryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud of
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

That's good, too bad I didn't get it until now.
It seemed if I bet the flop, 4 people would call and one would always have the set. Stupid variance.
I did seem to get it in good overall, I guess I should be happy about that.

-d
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:36am   #4
joeyjoejoejr
Professional

joeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
That's good, too bad I didn't get it until now.
It seemed if I bet the flop, 4 people would call and one would always have the set. Stupid variance.
I did seem to get it in good overall, I guess I should be happy about that.

-d
yeah doesnt apply 4 way but with one or two callers its usually a good spot for a turn bluff.

Another tip is if you can get 20% of your stack in HU with aces do it and jam call the flop regardless. Only exceptions are truly awful flops like Ts9s8s and you dont have spades.

This does not appy if you get multiple callers
joeyjoejoejr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 6:23pm   #5
darryl

This I know, I just hate playing the high variance game. I suppose it's a big leak.

-d