THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > PokerTips Lounge

Old Sep 14, 2013, 3:23pm   #31
feudallord
Doyle Look-alike

feudallord will become famous soon enough

Alright so Im gonna go wash my clothes and get a nice breakfast. I was planning on depositing 50 onto americas card room but, I checked craigslist for the games that happen in the city and apparently there is a 50 dollar tournament happening at 6pm in times square, which is like 5 minutes from where I live. Problem is I have little experience in that area, what do you think?

Okay I decided to have some self control and wait till 6 and buy in to this tournament. These games my fear is even i win i might get robbed/killed, but if i win i can get the money right away and then put that into the online account, otherwise.

I know swoop has live tourny experience, obviously, any tips or the same rules apply to online?

Omfg this is exciting gonna play my first live tourny ever. Also another issue i have with live is usually you can't smoke at the table, and smoking is what keeps my mind sane to deal with the swings and also gives me something to do while being folded if folding 80 percent of the time

There is a possibility that it might not happen though i mean i replied to the ad on craigslist for "more details" but haven't gotten word yet. Or fuck it why not just use the cash on live games first instead? If I can get the money right away it seems worth it minus the risk of getting robbed after

Last edited by feudallord; Sep 14, 2013 at 4:36pm.
feudallord est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 14, 2013, 10:07pm   #32
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Let us know how it goes. There's nothing I can teach you in a few hours other than generally speaking everyone plays more loose passive live than online on average

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2013, 1:41am   #33
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

lol robbed.

live games are a mixed bag. you can't really make the kind of generalisations about live play the way you can online, because the gene pool is smaller. you might find a cardroom where everyone tends to be more passive than usual, or one where everyone tends to be more aggressive or looser or whatever. the players feed off each other and reach a kind of equilibrium. ergo, the first two things you have to do on entering a new cardroom are (i) locate and read the house rules, and (ii) gauge how the game plays there.

after that you should get really friendly with the player on your left and antagonise the player on your right. with time and experience you will come to realise that even the player on your left can be thought of as being on your right, it's just that everyone else is more on your right, and you will set about antagonising the entire table.

pew pew pew.

Kc
Old Sep 16, 2013, 11:55am   #34
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

*posts a HH from today's Bigger 162 win where he gets there on the river then says outplayed fish in the chatbox on the final table*

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2013, 4:35pm   #35
jimmyG
Flop Artist

jimmyG is an unknown quantity at this point

oyyyy capitao !...congrats on a fine mission ! . I railed you while playing the 55 nighty 30 grand ...charlie sheen was in fine form lol, who everrrrr. Watched until @ 2am my time till my KQ suited succumed to A rag allin but more than doubled my money lasting till 38th . Made what i think was a big mistake on a hand that I should have shoved on post flop instead of folding.
I wrote down the hand and table numbers and wonder if or how we
can retrieve it ?? 104192827020 t82201108714

Yes I saw that statement "outplayed fish" a few times and i know it would have pissed me off and started a bar fight lol ..that was a prefect combination of skill and luck and skill using luck .

Congrats again it was very entertaining and Im guilty of not paying more attention to my own game lol.

Last edited by jimmyG; Sep 16, 2013 at 4:57pm.
jimmyG est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2013, 7:54pm   #36
feudallord
Doyle Look-alike

feudallord will become famous soon enough

Appreciate the tips. As it is. I flaked out but it turns out the people who run the game have a facebook and they posted pics of the tournament and it looked legit, so I'll probably check out the next one.

As far as online I decided for once to wait another two weeks until I'm paid again, this way I can afford to put a lighter to some of cash worst case scenario. This gives me some more time to continue practicing with poker academy/online play chips and read more on online cash games. I think harrington or someone of that poker stature wrote a book specifically for online cash game play I have it on my computer at home.
feudallord est déconnecté   Reply With Quote