THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Oct 16, 2013, 7:22pm   #1
Deadfall
Flop Artist

Deadfall is on a distinguished road
Default 10nl 6 max - how to play flop pt. 2

I'd usually be snap folding preflop, but was a little deeper here. Just wondering if i should be raising flop or just shipping here?

Hand Converted by Ace Poker Drills

Hero (BTN): $16.98 (169.8 bb)
SB: $14.94 (149.4 bb)
BB: $9.04 (90.4 bb)
MP: $6.52 (65.2 bb)
CO: $22.28 (222.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 9 T
MP raises to $0.30, CO folds, Hero calls $0.30, SB raises to $1.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.20

Flop: ($3.40) 5 8 Q (2 players)
SB bets $2.20, Hero ?
Deadfall est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 19, 2013, 8:02pm   #2
GoldfishUltraDeluxe
Grinder

GoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really niceGoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really niceGoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really niceGoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really nice
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadfall View Post
I'd usually be snap folding preflop, but was a little deeper here. Just wondering if i should be raising flop or just shipping here?

Hand Converted by Ace Poker Drills

Hero (BTN): $16.98 (169.8 bb)
SB: $14.94 (149.4 bb)
BB: $9.04 (90.4 bb)
MP: $6.52 (65.2 bb)
CO: $22.28 (222.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 9 T
MP raises to $0.30, CO folds, Hero calls $0.30, SB raises to $1.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.20

Flop: ($3.40) 5 8 Q (2 players)
SB bets $2.20, Hero ?
Just my random mumbling:

Shipping could be a good idea. SB most likely has a decent single-pair hand or the squadoosh which has a great bluff potential but not calling value.

The hand should be taken to the turn imho. Assume 9 outs for a flush, 8-2=6 outs to get a 17-out combo draw, 4-1=3 outs for a straight (without getting flush at the same time) and another 6 outs for a pair likely to give you another 3-5 outs for the turn->river.

2.20 to 5.60 means your equity star smiles at you and if the turn is
something really bad like another Q you are happy to have position unless villain goes apenuts and bets more than the pot.

I was supposed to write something else as well but the ptips server seemd to have fluked out. It probably has a new system installed which detects my posts.

Last edited by GoldfishUltraDeluxe; Oct 19, 2013 at 8:29pm.
GoldfishUltraDeluxe est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2013, 9:28pm   #3
Deadfall
Flop Artist

Deadfall is on a distinguished road

Thanks Goldfish! I ended up raising the flop here, probably not the best play. He shipped and had KK and we rivered our flush.
Deadfall est déconnecté   Reply With Quote