THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > PokerTips Lounge

Old Aug 25, 2013, 5:54am   #11
darryl
Still can't quit day job.

darryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud of
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Finally got around to watching that. Hilarious. I love egging on players like you. It pisses off the rest of the table mostly, but I think it makes it more fun instead of a long grind.
Of course I don't play for a living, I play for fun

-d
darryl est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 28, 2013, 4:34pm   #12
feudallord
Doyle Look-alike

feudallord will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
This was one of the less interesting hands I played but I was only on that particular feature table where they had everyone's hole cards for a couple hours and I was fairly card dead.

The fold on the river here is fairly standard as I don't beat anything that he is betting for value and while my opponent could have been bluffing (in fact I didn't find out what he had until seeing the coverage) I didn't think he was bluffing in this spot, especially when his sizing looked like it was for value.

On that note, raising might even be better than calling here on the river, as it would be very difficult for my opponent to call me with one pair, which given how the hand played out is his most likely holding (I thought he had AJ or an overpair at the time, from memory). I didn't bluff however as I didn't think I could viably represent a hand that raises the river the way the hand played out.

I finished around 660th with 640 paid roughly, JC Tran won a hand against me where I was slightly better than 60% when the money went in preflop.
640k? That seems pretty large for such a low place, no offense. That isa lot of money though. JC tran sucked out on you sounds like. I fit in $50 deposit / pay check every two weeks starting friday, so I'm going to be playing again.. I've been considering trying the low stake grind that you all have tried to drill in to me, as opposed to buying in for the whole 50 at 50/1
feudallord est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2013, 5:39pm   #13
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I mean 640 players or so finished in the money. The min cash was around 15-20k, with a bit over 6000 players in the tournament or thereabouts. The buy-in to the WSOP ME is 10k, so cashing for 1.5-2x your buy-in is considered pretty normal and you can mincash by finishing in the top 10% or so of the field

I didn't cash the main event this year, but only because JC Tran sucked out on me. That's a part of poker though, you can't let it upset you, just move on to the next tournament, and sometimes you'll be the one running good and winning all of the all-in pots and when you do you might final table or win the tournament.

Last edited by SwoopAE; Aug 30, 2013 at 6:01pm.
SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2013, 7:47pm   #14
feudallord
Doyle Look-alike

Yeah for sure i mean that is definitely probably the hardest poker tourny there is, so to double up 10k is very goood
Old Aug 30, 2013, 8:29pm   #15
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feudallord View Post
Yeah for sure i mean that is definitely probably the hardest poker tourny there is, so to double up 10k is very goood
main event is arguably the easiest (most profitable) tournament in the wsop.

Kc
Old Sep 04, 2013, 4:44pm   #16
feudallord
Doyle Look-alike

How do you figure that?
Old Sep 09, 2013, 2:34am   #17
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Because it has 6000-7000 or so players and there are only about 1000 people in the world who are good at poker and not all of them play the main event.

That said, one of my toughest table draws ever was my second table on day 3 of the main this year but that was just randomness drawing 5 of the best 100 players in the tournament at one table when there were still 700 players left. Prior to that I was probably the best player on all of my tables and definitely in the top two on all of them, with only two other pros between the six or so tables I played at being of a similar skill level to me and a lot of players being absolutely awful

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2014, 12:29am   #18
feudallord
Doyle Look-alike

This is so awesome.