THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:21pm   #21
feudallord
Doyle Look-alike

feudallord will become famous soon enough

Well swoop you're 14 hours ahead of me, and if KC is in the UK he is 5 hours ahead. So if we were to play together at 4am australia time, it would be 2PM for me, and 7PM for KC i think im bad at math

Hey so I bought into a .22c tournament with a 57 player field 2 hours ago. This is final table, me at 2nd yay.

http://postimage.org/image/xe9s0ox6j/

Unfortunately I mad a horrendous call with J7 of hearts in the SB to a min raise from early position who turned out to have TT. Flop was 9TQ, two clubs, I bet because I was first and he shoved, I called unfortunately with the open ender only to see I was drawing really thin and he turned a full house. That could've been avoided if I just folded a bad hand in SB with a 2nd place stack and only 8 players left. Cash started at 8 players but I could've survived longer. THere was this guy that kept talking shit to me about how I call with bad hands and stuff like that because earlier on after the first break I didn't take the addon, opened some hands but didn't connect, and was down to 3.7 k. So I shoved T7 off against KK and AQ, flop was T 7 A no joke lol. Too bad I wasted that lucky double up on a bad call in SB. A few hands later, check it out actually it was pretty sick. I hadn't called any bets (open raise/3bet) until this hand. I saw one spade and one card that could be part of a running flush/straight. I ran a backdoor flush because the guy was giving me great pot odds, at least I think so. I've never understood pot odds I don't think but to me it's how much it costs to get to the river. The guy wasn't betting the pot or anything so I found it to be a good oppurtunity to see more cards and complete some kind of draw. I figured he had a mediocre ace or something.

etOnline Poker Game #1067391454: Tournament #4133503: Hold'em $50.00/$100.00 - 2012/09/17 10:35:52 Eastern Daylight Time
Table '4133503-3' 10-Max, Seat #7 is the button
Seat 8: \/ariance (23743.60 in chips) - Small Blind
Seat 6: Poker-guy (7355.00 in chips)
Seat 4: Puretalent (8737.00 in chips)
Seat 1: larmac (8510.00 in chips)
Seat 0: 13bubba (5801.70 in chips) - Big Blind
Seat 5: Coa88 (11000.00 in chips)
\/ariance: posts small blind 200.00
13bubba: posts big blind 400.00
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to \/ariance [7s 9s]
larmac: calls 400.00
Puretalent: folds
Coa88: calls 400.00
Poker-guy: folds
veselin86 joins the table at seat #7
\/ariance: raises 730.00 to 930.00
13bubba: folds
larmac: calls 530.00
Coa88: calls 530.00
*** FLOP *** [4s 6c Ad]
\/ariance: checks
larmac: checks
Coa88: bets 800.00
\/ariance: calls 800.00
larmac: folds
*** TURN *** [4s 6c Ad][10s]
\/ariance: checks
Coa88: bets 1200.00
\/ariance: calls 1200.00
*** RIVER *** [4s 6c Ad 10s][8s]
\/ariance: bets 4500.00
Coa88: calls 4500.00
\/ariance shows 7s 9s
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 16190.00
Board [4s 6c Ad 10s 8s]
Seat 8: \/ariance showed [7s 9s] and won (16190.00)
Seat 6: Poker-guy folded before Flop
Seat 4: Puretalent folded before Flop
Seat 1: larmac folded on the Flop
Seat 0: 13bubba folded before Flop
Seat 5: Coa88 collected (0.00)

Lol I actually raised that pot, I forgot haha. Raised it to 930.

Also, thoughts on me calling with J7 in SB at final table with 2nd place stack? Never again yes? Under no circumstances?

Yeah I was in that freeroll I won 10.50 at, had a decent 4k stack at the start of the 50/100 level but didn't give a short stack credit for top pair, took a huge hit 50% of stack, lost the rest.

Smoked up the last of my bud and thought to myself of the previous tournament where I won 90c the min cash when I couldve ran much deeper if....if I waited for top 5 hands?

Last edited by feudallord; Sep 17, 2012 at 5:54pm.
feudallord est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 17, 2012, 7:53pm   #22
Maddox_23
Grinder

Maddox_23 is a splendid one to beholdMaddox_23 is a splendid one to beholdMaddox_23 is a splendid one to beholdMaddox_23 is a splendid one to beholdMaddox_23 is a splendid one to beholdMaddox_23 is a splendid one to behold

@FEUDALLORD:

good to hear you realize it's better to treath poker as a hobby...you'll see it's going to be much more fun if you don't have to worry about paying bills, while on a downswing or something...and maybe, if you really keep working/playing/learning the game with a lot of dedication, you can make some money on the side...

didn't mean to be a jerk the other day, it just made me made, reading the same stupid things over and over again in your posts, while people like KC and swoop, gave you some really good advice...

best of luck to you!

@SWOOPAE

i know you did...it's been a couple years since i discoverd PTips, and from the beginning, you always were one of the most active posters... im not active in the forums for a long time now, but i still sneak in from time to time to see how everyone is doing, and i know you still offer good advice to everyone..
i think mostly you and KC keep the english part of the forums alive..
Maddox_23 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 1:07am   #23
feudallord
Doyle Look-alike

Thanks man I'll need it to rebuild from where I left off.

Need some good bankroll management.

Last edited by feudallord; Sep 19, 2012 at 5:50pm.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 1:13am   #24
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
y'know, we haven't had a pokertips tournament for a long time...

any interest?

Kc

id love to

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 1:28am   #25
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

PocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by acehole_76 View Post
Quote:

any interest?

Kc

id love to
me too
PocketJokers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 6:37pm   #26
Stepi
pro trapper

Stepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkeD View Post
lol - wtf is this?

new inisights

Hand too strong to r/f, too weak to r/c, too strong to open-fold since pushing is massively +EV, so, by process of elimination, we arrive at my favorite play

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq oʇ ƃuıoƃ ɯɐ ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
Stepi est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2014, 7:46pm   #27
feudallord
Doyle Look-alike

Quote:

any interest?

Kc
Yes.