THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:19pm   #51
feudallord
Doyle Look-alike

feudallord will become famous soon enough

Quote:
nope. AA, KK, QQ, JJ and AQh can all call here too.
I mean, can yes. But would I really get a light 3bet with AA-JJ? Thats why i figured AK/AQ, only other possibility, or of course a small pair. I just felt like if hes got that good of a deal he would've pumped it up way more.

Quote:
I don't think you've earnt the right to call anyone an idiot at this point
That's fair lol.

Quote:
how? if you're the small blind, you act last on the flop.
We were heads up at that point, 2 left. Equal stacks, like 500k each. Or maybe he acted first. I thought SB was first headsup? If SB is last, then he shoved on me and i called, actually now that i think of it i think thats how it went down, either way i called his shove haha.

Quote:
and remember to take the cashout strategy i outlined in whatever thread it was/the article i wrote for the main site here into account. you probably aren't going to be able to physically cash out those small wins as described, but you still need to set them aside and remember that they aren't part of your actual bankroll.
For sure dude, I remember that. It's hidden in a crevice somewhere haven't gotten to it yet, but a lot of other good stuff. That's what I mean like, a lot of the stuff you've written are more like articles and should be turned into a book or guide. And regarding cashing out i mean, im not even thinking about that really right now. But depending on how things go in the next couple of weeks, I do have a bank wire option which is pretty legit. They just dump the funds into my bank account, but you have to have at least $500 in the account. I'm in no rush though. I still have my job. I'm actively looking for a better one now, something related to my degree (psychology)

Also, would it be wrong aside from a little crazy to always ask myself before playing a hand/entering a pot regardless of what it is, JTss to AA, the following:

Am I making the right decision here over the long term? better yet, if i played this hand in this exact situation 100 times identically, would i pull through ahead as the winner by the end?

Last edited by feudallord; Jul 28, 2014 at 10:28pm.
feudallord est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:05am   #52
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feudallord View Post
Quote:
nope. AA, KK, QQ, JJ and AQh can all call here too.
I mean, can yes. But would I really get a light 3bet with AA-JJ? Thats why i figured AK/AQ, only other possibility, or of course a small pair. I just felt like if hes got that good of a deal he would've pumped it up way more.
sure, AA KK QQ AK, can all be 3bet small or chunky. smaller pairs are not in his range. 55 is not good enough to play back at an utg raiser.

Quote:
That's fair lol.
is there any chance we could get you to talk like an adult at some point in the next two years? because i feel like that would help.

Quote:
I thought SB was first headsup?
nope.

Quote:
For sure dude, I remember that. It's hidden in a crevice somewhere haven't gotten to it yet, but a lot of other good stuff. That's what I mean like, a lot of the stuff you've written are more like articles and should be turned into a book or guide.
the world is full of poker for beginners books, it doesn't need another one.

Quote:
And regarding cashing out
read my article, because i'm not going to repeat it all here.

something i may have omitted from the article, is that by regularly cashing out most of your earn, you also slow the rate at which you move up stakes, and in so doing ensure a greater chance of success when you do.

Quote:
I'm actively looking for a better one now, something related to my degree (psychology)
it's no wonder one in three americans suffer from mental illness.

Quote:
Also, would it be wrong aside from a little crazy to always ask myself before playing a hand/entering a pot regardless of what it is, JTss to AA, the following:

Am I making the right decision here over the long term? better yet, if i played this hand in this exact situation 100 times identically, would i pull through ahead as the winner by the end?
you might want to phrase it more elegantly, but given that this is what we've been trying to drum into you for years now, yes, sure, do it.

Kc
Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:57am   #53
feudallord
Doyle Look-alike

feudallord will become famous soon enough

You're right though. That's another reason why I'm so bad, I haven't really grown up at all. Gotta work on that.

Last edited by feudallord; Jul 29, 2014 at 1:02am.
feudallord est déconnecté   Reply With Quote