THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Aug 03, 2014, 10:34am   #1
balthazarr
zahltinbar

balthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default Ice Hockey

I like the idea of having threads for things again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balthazarr
For the cup, I predict a win for Anaheim, St-Louis or Boston.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy
blues are my pick

without further embarassing ourselves, let's revisit the best moment of the last NHL season:

Nino Niederreiter wins game 7 in Overtime

that was the most exciting game of hockey I have ever seen. equalizing a 1 goal differential 4 times and then Nino (who played outstanding in the playoffs) wrists it in the net in overtime, I exploded with joy! I wonder how his new contract will look like and what's going to happen with our goalie situation. the future looks promising, with all the young talent on this team I can only see them getting better during the next couple of years.

so let's discuss some hockey, like how happy is Kc with the new staff at Pittsburgh, how overpaid is Subban and which fans are more annoying: Habs or Bruins?
balthazarr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 03, 2014, 2:14pm   #2
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
i think you get an achievement if you do that on the xbox...

Quote:
without further embarassing ourselves, let's revisit the best moment of the last NHL season:
was it something patrick roy did?

it's usually something patrick roy did.

Quote:
I wonder how (Nino's) new contract will look like and what's going to happen with our goalie situation. the future looks promising, with all the young talent on this team I can only see them getting better during the next couple of years.
it's tricky because he's only had one season in the nhl. presumably we're looking at something like 2 years at 2.5-3 million, essentially extending his ELC?

that said if you can lock him up for second line winger money, say 5-6mil for the full 8 years, it would be a pretty solid gamble.

what would you consider accepting for him in a trade? i don't know what your defensive prospects looks like, but the nhl club looks decidedly top heavy to me.

Quote:
so let's discuss some hockey, like how happy is Kc with the new staff at Pittsburgh
i don't know shit about mike johnston but he said the right things at his press conference and he isn't dan bylsma. rutherford has impressed me so far. very happy with our first rounder, and his work on july 1st was outstanding. ehrhoff, obviously, big signing, but it's the pieces he picked up through the day that impressed me, especially greiss and goc. all told we filled 5 roster spots and picked up >$12mil worth of player for <$8mil. result.

the neal trade is a time-will-tell situation, but i like that he has the balls to make moves like that. shero was so risk averse it was depressing...until the point that his job was on the line when he started offloading futures for whatever rentals he could get. it's surprisingly hard to build a championship team, even when you're blessed with the two best players in the world. bold moves are called for. sometimes they fail horribly and you look like an idiot, sometimes they work out and you're a genius.

neal was a point per game player with geno, but you rarely got the feeling he was contributing anything more than the final touch on the puck. he would disappear for prolonged periods and you'd forget he was on the roster for whole games sometimes. that and he was a petulant little child with a penchant for doing fucking stupid things. when one of your players gets suspended for an illegal hit to the head or boarding you can often look at it and say, "okay, adrenaline, it's a fast, emotional game, the hit went bad, the league obviously has to penalise him for that". it's hard to defend a guy when he skates past someone on the ground and kicks them in the head.

i expect hornqvist to work out. i doubt he's going to put up neal's kind of numbers, but he's going to make us much harder to play against...that was a lot of words. i'm happy, is the short version.

Quote:
how overpaid is Subban
he isn't, but marc burgervan certainly doesn't come out of this smelling particularly good. he could have locked subban up long term on the cheap a couple of years ago. i forget exactly how cheap, but 5.5-6 million is the figure in my head for some reason.

either way, bergevin strong-armed subban into playing for peanuts on a bridge deal, and during the course of that bridge deal subban went from being a good but annoying, frequently dirty player that everyone hates to a norris winning, easily top 10 and probably top 5 defenceman that everyone hates playing against. he's still pretty dirty, but he's also one of the most popular players in the league and is now the face of the montreal franchise....so yeah. 9 million a year is what players like subban cost now.

he wouldn't be worth 9 million to us, but we've got letang (and the best defensive prospect pool in the league), he wouldn't be worth 9 million to you, but you've got suter. what have montreal got?

Quote:
and which fans are more annoying: Habs or Bruins?
eh, every fan base has its idiots. so yes there were bruins fans who, for instance, blamed brooks orpik for shawn thornton blindsiding him, pulling him to the ice and punching him in the head, but there were also plenty of bruins fans telling those people to shut the fuck up and apologising for their stupidity.

i'm sure there are penguins fans who piss people off. there are certainly penguins fans who piss me off. hang out in hfboards' trade board for a while and you'll develop a healthy disrespect for basically everyone.

Kc
Old Aug 03, 2014, 2:21pm   #3
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

fuck this perpetually broken forum.

Kc

Last edited by killcrazy; Aug 03, 2014 at 2:27pm.
killcrazy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2014, 3:05am   #4
balthazarr
zahltinbar

balthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
it's tricky because he's only had one season in the nhl. presumably we're looking at something like 2 years at 2.5-3 million, essentially extending his ELC?
yeah, that's what most people seem to expect but the delay and him telling to swiss media that there is some debate over the contract lenght made me wonder if there will be a surprise.

Quote:
i don't know what your defensive prospects looks like, but the nhl club looks decidedly top heavy to me.
we have 2012 #7 pick Mathew Dumba. Some see the next Subban in him, others say he didn't improve much since he got drafted. I am looking forward to see him play in some games at the start of the season to make up my own opinion.

Quote:
what would you consider accepting for [Nino] in a trade?
hmmm, that's a tough question. I wouldn't mind another defenseman but I am not even sure how an appropriate trade would look like... I guess I'd trade him for Victor Hedman?

Quote:
it's hard to defend [Neal] when he skates past someone on the ground and kicks them in the head.
now that Neal is gone the pens have definitely become more likeable to me. I also like this Määtä guy. Is he planned to be a top 6 defender next season?
Old Aug 04, 2014, 2:22pm   #5
killcrazy
Apex Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by balthazarr View Post
yeah, that's what most people seem to expect but the delay and him telling to swiss media that there is some debate over the contract lenght made me wonder if there will be a surprise.
unless something creative happened at the last cba, he's only considered to have 2 years of pro experience, so has 5 years of rfa left...it's possible they're trying to find a fair 3 or 4 year deal. longer than that won't happen.

Quote:
hmmm, that's a tough question. I wouldn't mind another defenseman but I am not even sure how an appropriate trade would look like... I guess I'd trade him for Victor Hedman?
yeah i don't see tampa making that trade for some reason.

if we were to make an offer it would likely be something around despres. we'd also have to send you some salary so, despres+sutter, with a pick thrown in with nino to balance it. could also give you scuderi if you'd rather have a solid defenceman.

unfortunately i don't think it's the right time to be moving either despres or sutter; bylsma hated despres for some reason, probably because he insisted on being defensively responsible instead of just spacking the puck up the other end and icing it, and sutter spent the entire year playing with ahl forwards. both guys perceived value right now is much lower than true value...scuderi is in a similar boat, he looked awful trying to play bylsma's system...nino's value could well go up this year too. lets revisit this at the trade deadline when all the players concerned have had a chance to establish themselves.

Quote:
now that Neal is gone the pens have definitely become more likeable to me. I also like this Määtä guy. Is he planned to be a top 6 defender next season?
yeah but you have matt cooke. when matt cooke is on your roster you lose the right to talk about anyone else being dirty.

maatta will be on the second pairing when he gets back from his surgery. boy has a very bright future.

Kc
Old Aug 04, 2014, 3:25pm   #6
balthazarr
zahltinbar

Quote:
me neither but I thought I could cherry pick someone from the league

Quote:
if we were to make an offer it would likely be something around despres. we'd also have to send you some salary so, despres+sutter, with a pick thrown in with nino to balance it.
I guess that seems fair atm but I'd rather develop Nino some more and then maybe trade him for an established defender.

Quote:
could also give you scuderi if you'd rather have a solid defenceman.
I don't like trading a 21 year old for a 35 year old even though we could use a guy like scuderi to take some weight off suters shoulders.

Quote:
yeah but you have matt cooke. when matt cooke is on your roster you lose the right to talk about anyone else being dirty.
Old Aug 04, 2014, 4:48pm   #7
killcrazy
Apex Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by balthazarr View Post
Quote:
me neither but I thought I could cherry pick someone from the league
nah that's not how it works. if you're going to propose a trade for hedman it has to be half a dozen shitty prospects that will never make the nhl and your 3rd round pick. if they don't accept it, just keep adding shitty prospects and overpaid 4th liners until they do.

Quote:
I guess that seems fair atm but I'd rather develop Nino some more and then maybe trade him for an established defender.
sure. i'd rather wait until despres and sutter's trade value comes back in line with reality too. we just need a top 6 winger, far more than we need a top 4 defenceman. with the forwards you have, nino is nice to have rather than essential, same for us with despres...it's hard to let your pet prospect go though.

Quote:
I don't like trading a 21 year old for a 35 year old even though we could use a guy like scuderi to take some weight off suters shoulders.
despres (23) is obviously the return, scuderi is the sweetener that lets us get nino in under the salary cap.

with the wild's lack of veteran defencemen, he would llikely be more valuable to you than he is to us. yeo is probably one of the best placed guys to evaluate whether scuderi actually is spiraling towards retirement or was just fucked up by bylsma too now i think about it. anyway, we can put that on hold until february.

Quote:
good way to stop matt cooke targeting your head...achilles is exposed though.

Kc
Old Aug 13, 2014, 3:32am   #8
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

PocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant future

All I can hope for is for the sabres and/or islanders to be the worst team in the NHL this year.

Hockey is almost back... Yay....

Last edited by PocketJokers; Aug 13, 2014 at 3:34am.
PocketJokers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2014, 1:25pm   #9
killcrazy
Apex Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketJokers View Post
All I can hope for is for the sabres and/or islanders to be the worst team in the NHL this year.
the sabres are finishing 30th. i don't think that's negotiable. i don't see how any other team in the nhl can come close to sucking as hard as you're going to this year.

with the pieces they picked up in july, the islanders should be somewhere around the playoff hunt. should be, but the islanders are a very special franchise and garth snow exists.

Kc
Old Aug 16, 2014, 4:50am   #10
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

PocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant future

I've never been so excited to be bad.

How lame and awful would it be to go through an entire awful season like that and not get McDavid due to the lottery?

Ugh...
PocketJokers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote