THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Sep 19, 2014, 8:06pm   #11
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
Everything killcrazy said is accurate
I never got my profiteroles though

Kc

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 21, 2014, 12:56am   #12
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

PocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant future

Speaking of Masterchef, fuck that show. I've seen mob sponsored cock fights less fixed than that trash.

The Blind Asian chick literally had 0% chance of losing, and the judges even mentioned her final meal wasn't creative or that great...

Marketing!
PocketJokers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2014, 2:37am   #13
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

which season was the blind girl? this is something i have to see.

did she make profiteroles?

so here is today's story. one of the guys in my building is out of town right now. his smoke alarm tripped yesterday afternoon. no fire, just a fucked up smoke alarm. it beeps all yesterday and all night and all through today, then at 22:30 four fucking fire engines rock up with the blues and twos. they cordon off the street and all these firemen come charging up the stair. i collar one to find out what the fuck and tell him the alarm's been going for two days, so if it's a fire, it's not a very good one. "that's nice", he says, "we're going to break into his flat anyway". about fifteen minutes later they apparently get bored of rooting around in my neighbour's flat and eventually one of them comes and tells me that it's just a faulty smoke alarm.

no fucking shit sherlock.

that's about a grand's worth of taxpayers' money right there...and the kicker? the fucking alarm is still going off...

Kc
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:35pm   #14
darryl
Still can't quit day job.

darryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud of

If it was a smoke/ Carbon Monoxide detector, then it may be worth them barreling on in. At least if it was CO that was setting it off. Then again if it was of any danger to you, your CO detector would go off.

Reminds me of the time I had the fire department almost break down my door, I happened to open it just in time. Apparently my water heater broke and was leaking into my downstairs neighbor's apartment. It told him to contact my insurance company and they would take care of everything. He never contacted them, so yay, my rates didn't go up.

-d
darryl est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2014, 12:56am   #15
killcrazy
Apex Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
If it was a smoke/ Carbon Monoxide detector, then it may be worth them barreling on in. At least if it was CO that was setting it off. Then again if it was of any danger to you, your CO detector would go off.
eh, i assume they're required to check for themselves. "oh yeah this guy we met said it was cool and we could all go back to the station and finishing watching americas craziest tattoo fiascos" probably isn't going to hold much water if half the city burns down.

Quote:
Reminds me of the time I had the fire department almost break down my door, I happened to open it just in time. Apparently my water heater broke and was leaking into my downstairs neighbor's apartment. It told him to contact my insurance company and they would take care of everything. He never contacted them, so yay, my rates didn't go up.
your boiler was leaking and rather than contact you, he rang the fire department? the fuck does that work? apart from anything else, surely it should be the police doing it, and even then, accidental damage to property doesn't give them the right to break into someone's home.

Kc
Old Sep 23, 2014, 2:55am   #16
darryl

darryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud of

The guy worked 3rd shift, never saw him, didn't have each other's phone number. I was out cold and hungover, so apparently they were pounding on my door earlier, then I finally got up and heard more pounding and opened the door. He contacted the lady in charge of the apartments who didn't know what to do. *shrug*

-d
Old Sep 23, 2014, 4:00am   #17
killcrazy
Apex Predator

Quote:
He contacted the lady in charge of the apartments who didn't know what to do. *shrug*
...how did she not have a way to contact you?

normally i would tell you that your country is an idiot, but i'm living with an american now, so i've met my quota for that today.

Kc
Old Sep 24, 2014, 1:50pm   #18
darryl

Good question, she could have probably looked it up, but I don't know.
Maybe she just freaked out because nothing like that has ever happened to her.

-d
Old Sep 25, 2014, 2:51pm   #19
killcrazy
Apex Predator

Quote:
Good question, she could have probably looked it up, but I don't know.
Maybe she just freaked out because nothing like that has ever happened to her.
well, people are easily confused. just this morning i rang the hospital to find out where my appointment has got to, and they insist that i attended it two days ago.

Kc
Old Sep 26, 2014, 1:35pm   #20
darryl

Hospitals aren't always the most smartest. Well, maybe it's the insurance companies. Apparently my wife's pap smear was a preexisting condition and they wouldn't cover it. The insurance company claimed that the hospital coded it that way.
Anyway, she has a bad case of the pap apparently.

-d