THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Apr 01, 2015, 1:12am   #31
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
I guess for me not knowing enough about power plants, I'm not sure what I'd rather have, but I wouldn't have an issue with a newly designed one being near my home. Just because a plant has been running for years doesn't mean it's safe, it could certainly be dumb luck that nothing catastrophic has happened, or it could be a fundamentally safe plant. The best way to know would be to ask the workers and engineers what they think of the plant.
they're pretty safe generally is the thing. i mean, the aggregate damage from every nuclear plant on the planet is significantly less than the aggregate damage of the equivalent energy production from fossil fuels. it's a bit like asking if you want to go and look at the lions or the tigers at the zoo. yes, there's a chance that their enclosure might fall apart at the exact same time some nutter with an air rifle bingoes them in the genitals and they go on a psychotic rampage, but the odds are pretty low...fuck it, lets go and see the little monkeys instead.

Quote:
No reason for mentioning the hydro station other than I'm pretty shocked it wasn't world news.
well...in 2014, 150 people died in a factory explosion in china. tell me what city it happened in, and what the factory made?

does this really matter? i mean it matters to them and presumably to the people who liked them, but i don't know anybody who lives in china, and that 150 of the 150000 people who died that day all happened to work in the same factory is completely irrelevant to me.

your evening news bulletin is about half an hour, what do you want that 30 minutes used on? would you prefer they use that time to tell you about the things that happened today that will or might affect you? or would you like thirty minutes of bad shit that happened to other people you've never met and that you can do nothing about?

of course your news bulletin is often saturated with bad shit that happened to other people you never met and that you can do nothing about, but not because it matters...

Quote:
If it was a nuclear power plant and there was a partial melt down - even with no injuries and everything being fully contained, it would have been huge news. Hell, even if there was no melt down, but the generators failed killing many people, it would have been huge news - just because being a nuclear power plant.
only epiphenomenally. it's not that it's a nuclear power plant, it's that the potential dangers of a nuclear meltdown are substantially greater and more widely felt than the potential dangers of a piece of machinery that has already fallen apart. it isn't going to keep falling apart.

Quote:
I guess as a whole the Soviets haven't been the most safe when it comes to doing stuff nuclear and otherwise, - another example world's biggest dirty bomb: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyshtym_disaster
mmhmm. although lets not forget that happened in the 50s when there were about a dozen reactors in the entire world and they had a combined service life of about 50 years. we had a major incident in the UK around the same time (less than two weeks later). ask wikipedia for "windscale fire". new technology has teething troubles. odd that.

we should probably pause and note that the risks of a reactor going tits up and doing damage pale in comparison to the dangers associated with the very existence of nuclear weapons, especially when you have madmen like kennedy and kissinger floating around.

Kc

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Apr 01, 2015, 1:13am   #32
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
I guess if you have a salaried job and can afford to lose in poker, then there are no issues.
i guess if you have a salaried job and can afford to be a high functioning heroin addict...

Kc
Old Apr 01, 2015, 8:49pm   #33
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

PocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
Quote:
I guess if you have a salaried job and can afford to lose in poker, then there are no issues.
i guess if you have a salaried job and can afford to be a high functioning heroin addict...

Kc
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. In what world is fuedalord not a pathetic loser?
PocketJokers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2015, 9:58pm   #34
feudallord
Doyle Look-alike

feudallord will become famous soon enough

None. I am a pathetic loser who will never reproduce.

Although I see there was more to your post Darryl. Thanks for that though...I'm not really sure what to do at this point. right now im taking a break and focusing on work/saving money/paying bills. Theres nothing else really.

Like that hands with tens? I want you guys to be right....I'm still working on organizing the 100 pages or so of material from this site, but the raw document is on my phone. There are many instances where you/KC urge me to listen instead of reverting to maladaptive behavior (at the table). I'm reading everything these days, in between over and under the lines. It is just a matter of the "outcome actualizing" that all my incorrect plays at the virtual felt and off have led to me being deep in the hole.

Money lost can also be regarded as a sunk cost but when I have TT against 57 I figure to win the fcking hand. And the thing is the two overs on the flop and turn could've and probably would've hit at least one of the other two callers had that big stack not reraised with 57 to 75

Last edited by feudallord; Apr 01, 2015 at 10:10pm.
feudallord est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2015, 10:47pm   #35
darryl
Still can't quit day job.

darryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
Quote:

Kc
I'm certainly not saying this is the norm or should be done by anyone. But back when you could get pure uncut heroin, there were medical doctors that would shoot up every day to function normally.
One of the big issues of heroin is you don't know what you're getting. One day it's cut, the next day you take the same dose and it happens to be much more pure and you end up dead. Either that, or the next day it's cut with nasty shit that kills you.

As for the other stuff, I guess I'm complaining about the media and society, but I don't feel like getting into it now.

-d
darryl est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 02, 2015, 12:21am   #36
killcrazy
Apex Predator

Quote:
I'm certainly not saying this is the norm or should be done by anyone. But back when you could get pure uncut heroin, there were medical doctors that would shoot up every day to function normally.
and how many people did they fuck up because they were fucked up? there was a famous doctor in england who liked the opiates a few years ago. killed around 250 people. 251 if you include himself.

i might be wrong about this, but i don't believe pure heroin was ever available on the street. the only place to get medical grade diamorphine is from a doctor...and doctors have never had difficulty getting hold of it if they really wanted it.

Quote:
One of the big issues of heroin is you don't know what you're getting. One day it's cut, the next day you take the same dose and it happens to be much more pure and you end up dead. Either that, or the next day it's cut with nasty shit that kills you.
right, because it's the vitamin b and laxative that those fiends find so irresistible. that's why they're robbing car stereos and mugging old ladies.

cutting with laxative isn't a bad idea now i think about it, given opiates' tendancy to constipate the user...and it's incredibly rare that heroin is cut with something toxic. people who sell heroin are professionals, of a kind, who know their product. it's not like that kid in your dorm who sells a few pills and the odd eighth to pay for his own gear.

i'd wager that pretty much every time someone ends up shooting rat poison, they've been murdered. either because someone actively wanted them dead, or because they got their shit from a shady guy under a bridge who just needed to get some fast cash from people nobody is going to give a fuck about.

Quote:
As for the other stuff, I guess I'm complaining about the media and society, but I don't feel like getting into it now.
it will keep.

Kc
Old Apr 02, 2015, 1:27am   #37
feudallord
Doyle Look-alike

feudallord will become famous soon enough

blow is where its at honestly.
feudallord est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2015, 5:48am   #38
MikeAK47
Unproffesional

MikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to all

Can't be arsed reading all this but I'm almost almost certain you're some sort of elaborate hoax.

Seems like some sort of John McAfee style shit, although not as sophisticated.

Read and enjoy:

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/...-MDPV-Question