THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Nov 26, 2003, 9:47pm   #1
Smack
Brunson

Smack
Default Cleaned up at my local game

hey guys.

I just won $64 profit on a $10 buy in at my local NL game last night. I am quite proud cause I think I have been playing decent poker these last few weeks but have been hovering around even. Actually I went up about $30 before last weekend and lost that on Saturday in 2 games.

I had some sour cards for the first hour but then the rivers were stunning for me. I was up to about $80 I wold say at my peak, but the cards stopped comming and I got beat by a few good hands. Had a high straight taken by a flush and so forth. But I think I am becoming disciplined in not playing sub-par hands even if I am up a ton of money. cause thats how you lose it and I watch some of my friends do it all the time. they win big early and are broke by the end of the game.

I can sometimes be a tough table to play at cause 85% of the guys are calling stations and some are crazy loose-aggressives. So they will chase something to the river and sometimes get ya, but if you play smart you can burn em big once in a while. I am just trying to mix up my play enough so they don't think I am tight-passive all the time, cause I find that method is a good way to drag money out of them a lot of times and they don't even see it.

Just thought I would share my elation with you all.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Nov 30, 2003, 6:00pm   #2
Anonymous
Doyle Look-alike

Anonymous is an unknown quantity at this point

Gj Smack, I was invited to a game by a brother of a friend. Besides online poker, it is the only game I play. We play every Sunday for $10 buy-in with rebuys for 2 hours. I've taken hom 3 $120 and up pots since I've been there and have only lost twice. I'm afraid they are going to stop inviting me.
Anonymous est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2003, 3:41am   #3
Smack
Brunson

Smack

Good work on takin those guys cash. Since that post I have played a few more times and won a bit more but not as much as that $64. but counting that $64 I am up about $115 in my last 4 sessions. Seems the winning streak amoung my friends is 5 games so I might be outta luck soon.

I am curious about how your game works though. How does this 2-hour rebuy work? Players can only re-buyin for 2 hours and after that no more?
Old Jan 09, 2004, 7:20pm   #4
Anonymous
Doyle Look-alike

Anonymous is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, we start at 8:00, rebuys until 10:00. This is to let people rebuy if the feell like it, but also keep the game from going all night. After 10:00 the blinds double with each person that goes out.
Anonymous est déconnecté   Reply With Quote