THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Oct 14, 2003, 4:35am   #1
Barry_G
Fish

Barry_G
Default bad beat

PokerStars Game #145153002: Tournament #425908, Hold'em No Limit - Level VII (100/200) - 2003/10/14 - 00:13:46 (EST)
Table '425908 5' Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: lazyelf (9295 in chips)
Seat 2: Luxor (6554 in chips)
Seat 3: Monter Flop (6835 in chips)
Seat 4: Barry_G (1595 in chips)
Seat 5: hugheslf (3390 in chips)
Seat 6: liveforfun (4095 in chips)
Seat 7: jimwhite311 (11663 in chips)
Seat 8: ELVATOLOCO (5128 in chips)
lazyelf: posts the ante 25
Luxor: posts the ante 25
Monter Flop: posts the ante 25
Barry_G: posts the ante 25
hugheslf: posts the ante 25
liveforfun: posts the ante 25
jimwhite311: posts the ante 25
ELVATOLOCO: posts the ante 25
liveforfun: posts small blind 100
jimwhite311: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Barry_G [Ac Ad]
ELVATOLOCO: calls 200
lazyelf: folds
Luxor: folds
Monter Flop: folds
Barry_G: raises 1370 to 1570 and is all-in
hugheslf: folds
liveforfun: folds
jimwhite311: folds
ELVATOLOCO: calls 1370
*** FLOP *** [4h Jh 6h]
*** TURN *** [4h Jh 6h] [4c]
jimwhite311 said, "ouch"
*** RIVER *** [4h Jh 6h 4c] [3s]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
ELVATOLOCO: shows [8h Th] (a flush, Jack high)
Barry_G: shows [Ac Ad] (two pair, Aces and Fours)
ELVATOLOCO collected 3640

I know i was short stacked but come on. I had went all in about 4 times before this (no callers) with KK twice JJ once and K 10 suited. Then this guy calls my aces with 10 8. This crap is happening too much. Starting to think that in tournys is just pure luck. Disgusting. Ithink i'll sit out a while i'm too pissed to play now. 3 hours to go out like that.
Barry_G est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 14, 2003, 4:52am   #2
RogueGnat
Flop Artist

RogueGnat
Send a message via Yahoo to RogueGnat

Been there done that Bud.

I tend to find myself whopping it up when I have AA in the hole and a second pair comes out by the time the turn comes. I tend to get really wrapped up in what I have and forget to think about what others have on them and miss things like a straight or a flush.

I don't know how your previous two hands came out w/ the KK and JJ, but it is possible that the fella w/ the flush saw your all in and thought you may be bluffing, especially if you were short in the chips. It is also possible that you were on tilt if you lost on the KK or JJ and just hammered it in on AA. Not a bad play, especially if short stacked, but if the other guy felt you were bluffing, it had to be up to luck of the draw.

Don't sweat it and just hang loose. It comes and goes. Take that break and get away from the game for a while and just let it ride. Sooner than you realize it you'll be ready to go in and know that you are going to win.
Old Oct 14, 2003, 6:22pm   #3
HalAshton
Brunson

HalAshton

There is A LOT of luck involved in a tourney but A LOT of skill too. I was elimited in a sit and go tourney a few daws ago when I had AA. I made a good raise preflop and made it heads up. the flop came 6A6 and he made a good bet and everything he did told me an Ace or six or even A6 (he limped in preflop before my raise and then only called again). I went all in and so did he, I found out I had read it right and he had 67 suited. Then the turn killed me it was the case 6. Sweet justice would have brought the case A on the river, but not today. Every tourney I could tell a story, I think people like to knock others out. I was in the BB in another tourney with A5o and got to play for free when I was mid to short stacked. Flop made two pair for me and I went all in and was called by QQ. Turn was a rag and the river was a Q. I can't believe he called but as a short stack he must have taken me for a desperate play without an ace. You just got to move on and realize you have better odds to "get lucky" and will have better hands if you play good cards.
HalAshton est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2003, 3:33pm   #4
RogueGnat
Flop Artist

RogueGnat
Send a message via Yahoo to RogueGnat
Default Busted

Situation: NL Sit and Go Tournement. 63 hands into the game and only one player out. I am holding AK OS and flop comes J10spades 4 clubs. I bet half pot and of the nine left, 4 stay in. Turn comes Q spades and I bet all-in, three others call. River is 9 diamonds. Myself and the guy to the right get burned on an all in call w/ a flush Q high. I should have seen the flush coming but it looked too good to have the action on me and a solid straight in hand.

After having been burned on that one, I get into another $5.00/0.50 NL tournemenet. I was aware of my mistake and calm about it. It was Christmas and I was bored and decided to keep on playing.

Somewhere around hand 117, there are 4 left of 10. I get AK clubs and bet pot before the raise. All three stay in. Flop comes 7Qclubs 7 hearts. I bet pot. One folds two others call. The first to call went all in leaving but one player with no more than 20 chips left in his possession. Turn comes J clubs and river is a Q diamonds. I feel strong at the Flush but get hammered, along w/ the other guy who went all in with a FH Q and 7s.

I'm guessing I was bad this year and this was Santa's way of giving me coal. I figure I'll take a day off and then try it again.

Be safe and well all, and Happy Holidays.