THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jan 27, 2004, 7:08pm   #1
skeptix82
Making Monies

skeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to skeptix82
Default pocket aces can be fun

I sat down at a $25 NL Hold Em ring game at Party Poker last night while I was playin the freeroll at Poker Stars. My attention is divided but the PP window pops up and my first pocket I get aces. 6 call bb before I raise it the minimum. SB raises to $2.50 with 3 other callers before I raise it to $5. SB & 1 other call. Board comes K 8 5 rainbow. First player raises $13.5 all-in, I raise to $25 & sb calls all-in. Took it down for over $90 (not a lot to some, fairly large for me). Turns out the first all-in guy had J 8 (I know, I know), the other guy had K J suited. NL is my new home field because of stupid STUPID players like this.
skeptix82 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jan 28, 2004, 3:38pm   #2
beastiemiked
Flop Artist

beastiemiked

I would've bet more heavily preflop. You're lucky the SB bet or else you probably would've been facing a 8 way pot for less than $10. If you raise 3 or 4 times the BB then you'll get people to fold but there's also going to be some callers and hopefully some raisers. I'd much rather put all my chips in preflop then after the flop with the board you described.
beastiemiked est déconnecté   Reply With Quote