THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Feb 16, 2004, 2:57pm   #1
hairymonster
Fish

hairymonster
Default Did I play this correctly- im a sore loser

right here goes- I was large blinds (blinds were 0.50/$1), got KK hole cards-I raised reasonable big- up to $5, so many folded but a couple stayed in- the flop came out 2, 3, 6 all unsuited- I was thinking that no one would have 2 pair as these cards were so low- maybe a trips would be there- probably my number one threat, or(AA), note, this was my last hand for the night- the pot stood at $25 and I had $30 left so I thought that going all in to get the $25 would do me just fine-

BUT when I went all in someone called- It turned out that the guy had 4, 5 for the straight, but Is it just me or was I right in thinkin that no-one would play on with 4, 5(unsuited I might add) as I had raised a reasonable amount.

I have given up the game for a while because I was going on tilt with a couple of band beats, but will get back to it when I clear my head

anyone any advice
hairymonster est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 16, 2004, 3:37pm   #2
Fencer04
Brunson

Fencer04
Send a message via AIM to Fencer04

I would have made an exploratory bet first. Like a 1/3 or 2/3 pot bet and see what happened. If someone raised me I would most likely fold or call to what the next card is. In any case you had good cards, but with a flop like that I would not have gone all in right away.
Fencer04 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2004, 7:45pm   #3
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ozone

There was a pretty good chance you were going to lose your whole stack on this hand anyway, KK is a hard hand to lay down when 236 flops.

Do people call big bets preflop with basically rags? I do. Not all the time, but if someone raises me to 5-8x the BB, and I'm looking at 64suited, and I'm in good position, occasionally I will call, because I know that if I hit the flop well, I'm going to have the guy's whole stack. This is probably exactly what the guy that called with the 45 against you was thinking. He knew he was behind in the hand, but he also knew that if flopped a straight, or trips, or two pair, you would never be able to put him on it, and he would clean you out.

Ce la vie.

-Ozone

"How do I become more pro? I gotta learn math?" - fuedallord
Ozone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2004, 10:13pm   #4
RichDoggP
Fish

RichDoggP

Same thing happened to me, except it was in a tournament and I had AA. Healthy bet preflop, 2 callers. Flop is 4, 5, 6 rainbow, guy has 7 3 off suit. I think I lost like 40 bucks in the next hour playing live games cause I was on mega tilt. I don't know how they can call with that hand pre flop to a big bet.

Last edited by RichDoggP; Nov 19, 2007 at 1:44am.
RichDoggP est déconnecté   Reply With Quote