THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Mar 13, 2004, 9:22pm   #1
whalemangler
Doyle Look-alike

whalemangler
Default Sweet story from Friday's garage tourney

Last night we had a $25 tourney and 11 people were in the first one. This one guy went out first and got alot of flack from his buddy.

Anyway he was off in a side game as the first tourney was ending and some people decided to stack the deck for the first hand of the 2nd tourney and give him a horrid beat then start over just for kicks.

Anyway the deck was prearranged and he was dealt aces. The other guy was dealt the 56 of diamonds. He raised to 500 and one extra guy who didnt know it was a gag called and the 56 called. Flop was arranged to be As 4d 7d. He bet out 500 and the guy who wasn't in on it folded and the ringer called. Turn was the last ace giving him 4 aces. He bets out 2000 and the ringer goes all in on a "semi bluff" and the aces starts yelling "YOU ARE BEAT BITCH!" and tosses his aces down. The ringer throws down his open ender straight flush and says well i still can make a straight flush, comeon miracle! BOOM 3 of diamonds and everyone goes insane, about half didn't know it was a setup.

Aces guy was about to punch a dent in the garage and we let him in on it but he was sooooo pissed until then. He was a good sport after that though.
whalemangler est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 15, 2004, 6:32pm   #2
skeptix82
Making Monies

skeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to skeptix82

Great story, I'll have to try that out at the next live game I play in. Speakin of which, played some single-table tournies live with about 8/9 other guys on Saturday, it was a blast, paid about $120 in entry fees but came out with over $300. On one hand I had KJo and on the flop there's three, the flop comes low junk but all clubs (my k is clubs). One guy bets out, I call, another folds. Turn comes more junk no club and he goes all in. I know this guy bluffs like crazy, maybe even more than me, and his stack is less than half of the pot, I figure he's got the A or Q of clubs and is on a semi bluff. I call and he turns over middle pair (7), and the Q of clubs. Now all I need is a jack, a king, or a club. The river comes a Q and he yells in excitement at having two pair and is about to take the pot down when I announce that I have a straight, turns out that Q went well with the 9T on board, I hadn't even counted the Q into my outs. Needless to say he wasn't pleased.
Old Mar 16, 2004, 9:57am   #3
BadBeatBasti
BadBeatMod

BadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptix82
Two Gun is a sex machine
How do you know? You know what, I actually don't wanna know

By the way, could you make your avatar a litte bit smaller, it is so wide. Thanks!
Old Mar 16, 2004, 6:10pm   #4
skeptix82
Making Monies

skeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to skeptix82

Being a poker semi-god gives you points with the ladies. I know he must get a lot of tail.

And, no, I can't, the baby is too cute. I'll switch it up to something less wide in a few days though.