THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old May 25, 2004, 8:02pm   #1
KevinM11
Professional

KevinM11 will become famous soon enough
Default Pushing all in on a Loose Chip Leader on a Rush

Played in a 500 person $5 multi on the weekend and the following happened when there were 200 left in the tournament.

Had a person at my table that had the most unbelievable luck. Early in a tournament a pre flop raise to him, he goes over the top all in (1200 or so) gets called on that by the original raiser (JJ) and wins with K7o (K on the river) He regularly would call BB or even raises with 10-2, 83, 24, 94 all off suit and flop one or two pair or make two pair by the river to became the tournament chip leader. His name was wizard and everyone at the table was joking about how he would wave his magic wand and make a crap hand good.

Anyway I had been on the table with them for 40 min or so and had a VERY good read on how they played/bet. I was doing well about 2200 in chips (they had 8500 or so) I was dealt a 9c9h, called the preflop as did they. Flop comes 10-7-3 (two hearts) everyone checks. Now this player would never check with top pair. Anyway I bet 1/3 pot, only they call. A Queen of hearts comes up, they check…again they never, never check top pair and would not pass on betting a flush. He even had bet before simply on a flush draw. Anyway I have him on over card(s) but not AK (he would have bet that)

I take the gamble that I would never take with any other player and push all in. He calls me with an AsJc The river of course was a Js…. I had made the right call (gutsy but right) was about a 75-85% favorite and would have been in the top 5 in chips had it come through.

Well that’s poker….

Moral of the story don’t push all in against someone on a rush that has chips to burn…oh who am I kidding, I’d do the same thing again if I was in that situation being the sad, sad poker player that I am. Hell I’m just proud of my read…so please don’t be too hard on me.

"take stock of any poor thought processes that may be causing you to lose money needlessly at the poker table." Ozone

"The main reason for me to play poker has always been to have fun and hopefully make a little cash." DK-Molinero
KevinM11 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!