THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jul 23, 2004, 12:40am   #1
skeptix82
Making Monies

skeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to skeptix82
Default Raising in the dark...

I was playing my normal home tourney when this interesting situation came up. Three people left and I'm in the BB. The button folds and SB calls. Just for the hell of it I decide to have some fun and I triple the blinds in the dark. SB calls. Flop comes Q99. SB checks and I AGAIN raise in the dark, almost a pot sized bet. SB calls. Turn comes a J and SB puts in a large raise, about half his stack. I decide it's time to see what I got and I look down to find Q9, a flopped boat. I put him all in, and he calls with a str8. He wasn't very happy about that. I was.

Also, I was recently playing in one of the $3 nl multis at PS. We were down to 30 (from almost 1000). I get dueces on the button. 2 limpers, me and the blinds see the flop of AA4. It checks around to me, but I don't take a stab at it cause I'm almost certain someone is slowplaying. Turn comes a 2 to give me the boat. UTG raises, mid positiong limper reraises big (there's the ace), and I go all in, knowing that I have the best hand and just hoping to hell that the ace doesn't hit their kicker for a better boat (or the board pairing). Of course the ace calls (only AJo) and I'm loving it. River is the 4th ace giving them quads and I'm out.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!