Fish

A-Airlines
Default I hate poker!

For the moment, I just hate this game!

I'm not a high-roller, just a guy with some sense of the game and a
couple of bucks.

But the fact that the best decisions still get you nothing quite a few
times is very frustrating.
I just went all-in with AQ suited, I was short stacked, one guy called, he had 33, the flop came ...an Ace..yes...the turn...no help to anyone...the river...boom a 3 and that was it.

Previously on the same round, I had KK- raised and got 3 callers, the flop came...boom an Ace...my kings were worthless...tried to stay in the hand to catch a full house or three of a kind, only to see my chips fade away.

Earlier the same round, came across Big Slick...went all in...one caller - with AJ- was delighted to see this, since I only had to dodge a Jack...the flop came...boom a Jack of course.

These overcards are killing me! Give me suited connectors and I try to catch a straight or a flush or fold. These cards aren't quite that expensive.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jul 30, 2004, 5:30pm   #2
BadBeatBasti
BadBeatMod

BadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really nice

I feel you! It happens to all of us and sometimes we are on the other site taking down the money
Old Aug 30, 2004, 2:53pm   #3
TheCinch
Fish

TheCinch
Default Re: I hate poker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Airlines
I just went all-in with AQ suited, I was short stacked, one guy called, he had 33, the flop came ...an Ace..yes...the turn...no help to anyone...the river...boom a 3 and that was it.
Your all-in was a very good and commendable move if you're short-stacked, but you have to accept that when someone calls you with a pocket pair, your chances of winning the pot are reduced to less than 50-50. This guy's call was pretty reasonable if he had the chips to spare (I wouldn't take the 50-50 chance if I'd risk losing half my stack), and it only looks like a bad beat because you seemingly hit the ace before he hits trips (you probably would have succesfully raised him out of the pot on either the flop or the turn if you weren't all in, but since you were, the order of the cars has become irrelevant.)

Quote:
Previously on the same round, I had KK- raised and got 3 callers, the flop came...boom an Ace...my kings were worthless...tried to stay in the hand to catch a full house or three of a kind, only to see my chips fade away.
Note that you only have two outs on the trips, so unless you consider there to be some serious equity w/r/t your opponents not having an ace after all (slim chance with three before-the-flop callers), folding might have been te best course of action here. But believe me, I know how hard it is to let those pocket Kings go.

Quote:
Earlier the same round, came across Big Slick...went all in...one caller - with AJ- was delighted to see this, since I only had to dodge a Jack...the flop came...boom a Jack of course.
Again: great move if you're short-stacked. Too bad he hits the jack, but keep playing it this way and you'll win 70% of the time to AJ.

That's the best cure against any bad beat: think long-term, and know you'll make a profit there.
TheCinch est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2004, 7:49pm   #4
vegasholdem
Brunson

vegasholdem
Default bad beat poker

Welcome to the Fulltilt Club...where virtually every card player eventually becomes a lifetime member...
vegasholdem est déconnecté   Reply With Quote