THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Aug 02, 2004, 6:00pm   #1
skeptix82
Making Monies

skeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to skeptix82
Default some interesting/fun/annoying as hell hands

Online - I'm playing 2-table sng's at PS. Down to 6, I have about 60% of the chips. I move in a short stack with QQ, he calls with A8, A hits. I move another short stack in with AKs, he calls with TT, he wins. Some other stuff happens. Move in last guy still in that I haven't doubled up with JJ, he has 99, 9 on flop. I reraise all in on a flop of 9J4/2 clubs with TcQc, someone calls with ONLY THE ACE of clubs and a naked 6. Turn 6, river 6. I go from HUGE chip leader to out in 5th in about 7 hands.

Online - Again playing 2-tabls sng's at PS. Down to 10. Some maniac is catching incredible cards and just playing lucky, jackass poker. Hand before this he calls an all-in with 94o (other guy had TT), catches a flop of 448 to make trips that hold up. Next hand I get QQ and raise 4XBB, he calls, flop 36J. He checks to me, I bet the pot, he reraises all in. I put him on some really strange bluff or something, maybe a str8 draw. I call he flips up 36o. No help.

Live - Playing with 7 +3 rebuys, down to 3. Raising war where I have QQ, he has KK, eventually we go all-in preflop. Third guy folds showing Q7s (knocking one of my queens out). Nothing on flop, or turn, river is the last queen. He was pissed.

Live - Playing with 5 + 2 rebuys, down to 3. Everyone goes all-in preflop. I show AA, another guy shows QQ, last guy shows QT suited in clubs (he's silly like that sometimes). Flop comes K93/two clubs. Turn is an ace to trip me up. River is another club to give the crazy guy a flush, but it's also a 3 so I have a boat. I love getting things done quickly like that.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 02, 2004, 7:14pm   #2
the_fox31
Resident Fox

the_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud of

The moral of the story - stop playing online!
Old Aug 02, 2004, 10:56pm   #3
Smack
Brunson

Smack

where do you play live sng's? I see you are from seatlle and I know a buddy of mine is interested in going down to seattle if he can find some sng's to play. or was this amoungst friends?
Old Aug 04, 2004, 5:24pm   #4
skeptix82
Making Monies

skeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to skeptix82

The live games I host in Seattle aren't "open" in the sense we're all college kids and we'd like to keep it that way. If your friend is of college age he'd be welcome to play sometime (we play in Belltown which is next to downtown). However, I have access to a mailing list of all the open home games in Seattle. Specifically I've occasionally played down in Pioneer Square (age range of 19-55 or so). They play two or three times a month, either a .50-1.00 PL dealer's choice ring game, a 32 person $35 buyin NL tourney, or sng nights where they play a shitload of $20 sng's. If your friend would like more information, he can e-mail me at cockneymenace77@yahoo.com