THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Aug 16, 2004, 6:53pm   #1
skeptix82
Making Monies

skeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to skeptix82
Default "The Wheel"

"The Wheel" is the name I just created for the greatest of poker anomolies (sp). On Thursday, I played online for about three hours and then played live for another 3.

During online play - 2 table sng, down to 3. I get AJ suited in diamonds, raising fun with one other guy. Flop comes T74 with 2 diamonds. I check, other guys bets big, I move in (I had him covered) on semi-bluff. He calls. Turn is Q of diamonds for my nut flush. River is K of diamonds for my first royal flush (though completely unnecessary). I was so psyched I blanked on how to get a screenshot, hence no picture.

During live play - 7 person tourney with 2 rebuys, down to 5 after rebuys. I get 56 suited in clubs. Small raise with me and two other callers. Flop comes 34J the 3/4 being clubs. Pot gets tripled, only me and original raiser left. Turn is 7 of clubs to give me the str8 flush. Won a big pot and knocked raiser out.

Also during live play - Same tourney, down to 3. I get TT on button. Raise 3X BB, one caller. Flop is TT9. You get the idea, I got quads.

So anyways, I got my first royal in the afternoon and a str8 flush in the evening followed by quads. I also got a str8, a flush, a boat, trips, two pair, etc. I got EVERY hand possible in the same day! I can't even begin to understand how unlikely this is, but I'm giving a name to this occurence. Now you all go out there and try and get "The Wheel". It just might happen.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 16, 2004, 8:15pm   #2
aseyer
Grinder

aseyer is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to aseyer

The Wheel has been taken....It's another name for an A2345 straight which is the best low hand possible.

Maybe you should call it the Whee.
Old Aug 16, 2004, 8:38pm   #3
sffan72
Grinder

sffan72

I would propose using a term from baseball-- the cycle (single, double, triple and home run in the same game). What you describe sounds very similar.
Old Aug 16, 2004, 11:45pm   #4
skeptix82
Making Monies

skeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud of

I'm aware of "The Wheel" as used to describe A to 5 str8. I still think it fits even if it will have two meanings. I mean come on. The cards are rolling out.
Old Aug 17, 2004, 3:48am   #5
Kazz
Grinder

Kazz is on a distinguished road

I believe the term "card rack" is appropriate here.
Kazz est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2004, 4:55pm   #6
JayAut
Flop Artist

JayAut

I think "Total Ownage" would suffice
JayAut est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2004, 6:04pm   #7
Notjitsu
Professional

Notjitsu will become famous soon enoughNotjitsu will become famous soon enough

How bout borrowing from a similar accomplishment in baseball, and referring to it as "The Cycle".

For any who are not familiar, thats a single, double, triple, and homerun in the same game.
Notjitsu est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2004, 7:11pm   #8
Takk
Administrator

Takk has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Takk Send a message via AIM to Takk

I may be completely out of line with this suggestion...but I think it would be more than appropriate to borrow a baseball term, "The Cycle," for this poker phenomenon.

For those of you who don't follow baseball too closely, "The Cycle" is used to describe the event of a single player having a single, double, triple, and a home run in any given game.

What do you guys think?

just being the resident asshole
Takk est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2004, 7:59pm   #9
ImAllInNow
Grinder

ImAllInNow

Great idea Takk! I'm surprised no one has suggested it before you!

ImAllInNow

-no, really, I am
ImAllInNow est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2004, 1:15am   #10
skeptix82
Making Monies

That's funny. I'm going to suggest alternative names for my wheel. I oppose using "the cycle" because it is a baseball term, we need a poker term. Suggestions include:

The Roll
Absolution
River Raid (after a classic Atari game I love)
The Beyond
Gambler's Glory
The Uber Nuts
The Series
Absolutely Fucking Everything

You like?

I like!