THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > The Rail

View Poll Results: What software do you use for browsing and e-mailing?
BROWSING: Internet Explorer | E-MAILING: Outlook 0 0%
BROWSING: Internet Explorer | E-MAILING: Another software 3 30.00%
BROWSING: Another software | E-MAILING: Outlook 1 10.00%
BROWSING: Another software | E-MAILING: Another software 6 60.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 13, 2004, 8:59pm   #11
BadBeatBasti
BadBeatMod

BadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really nice

Thanks for the help Kazz! The gesture menu seems like a cool feature, but it seems like it would take a while to get used to it. I don't think I would like the pie menu. I think I will stay with the normal menu because I like the themes!
BadBeatBasti est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jul 14, 2004, 3:14pm   #12
Kazz
Grinder

Kazz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBeatBasti
Thanks for the help Kazz! The gesture menu seems like a cool feature, but it seems like it would take a while to get used to it. I don't think I would like the pie menu. I think I will stay with the normal menu because I like the themes!
Hmmm...I'm not sure you really get how gestures work, since they're not related to themes...

Basically, you right click anywhere on the page (or you can assign it to the middle button, etc.), move the mouse and let it go. For example, if I want to go back, I right click, drag left and let go. Forward is the same except to the right. Reload is up, then down. You can change those to anything you want, but the defaults work for me.

If you still don't quite get it, try installing it and see if you like it. You can always turn it off or get rid of it if you don't, but it's so much faster than using the navigation toolbar for everything that I'd have a hard time going back.

On the other hand, maybe you know exactly what it is and just aren't interested...but I still think you should give it a shot if you haven't tried it before, and just try using it for a few things like forward, back, reload, new tab and new window which are all easy to remember and execute. If you like it, you can learn more, and if you don't like it, you can forget about it.
Kazz est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2004, 7:35pm   #13
BadBeatBasti
BadBeatMod

BadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really nice

Hi Kazz, I did get it but I meant that if I use it I wouldn't need to have a tool bar on the top, and then I couldn't use those fun themes. But since you like it so much I will give it a try Maybe I will love it too.
Old Jul 15, 2004, 9:20pm   #14
BadBeatBasti
BadBeatMod

Using gestures is awesome - much faster -like you said! Thanks! I think I will stick with it, but I still have to get used to it a little bit!
Old Aug 29, 2004, 4:53pm   #15
KHMaloney
Fish

KHMaloney
Send a message via AIM to KHMaloney
Default Re: Alternative to Internet Explorer and Outlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBeatBasti
Is anyone else usind Mozilla's Firefox and Thunderbird (sounds like from the Power Rangers)? Since I just started using it, I don't have that much experience with it. If someone else has some more experiences and can tell me/us some good and bad features of the products, I would appreciate it!
I use Firefox, but I don't use Thunderbird because Outlook is just fine for me. In Firefox I have downloaded some nice extensions. For one, the Adblock software is very simple to use, easy to install, and you can disable it on certain webpages if it conflicts with anything else you are trying to do. I also use the "Google Searchbar." This is helpful to me because I pretty much use Google as my only search engine and this puts a search bar right in the browser and when you type into it and hit Search it takes you to Google.com as if you just searched for it through google. IF anyone else knows of any really helpful/useful/cool extensions please post them.
KHMaloney est déconnecté   Reply With Quote