THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Sep 04, 2004, 9:21pm   #1
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hustlr Send a message via AIM to Hustlr
Default I got rocked, repeatedly.

I'm playing two tables at Party $100 NL. I get AJ vs AQ and end up losing quite a bit. I should have known better, he was screaming AQ or AK. Very next hand I get AQ, and of course my raise is called by AK. That obviously didnt turn out well either, although my gut told me I was beat.
Not more than 10 min later I get JJ and I'm up against QQ. We both flop trips

All in all, it was somewhat of a good lesson. Each time, with my large bets being called or raised, I knew I was beat but couldnt force myself to let go.
Hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 05, 2004, 7:26pm   #2
Bling_Ping
Doyle Look-alike

Bling_Ping

Yea thats pretty crappy man. That is one reason why I dont play AJ, and I rarely play AQ
Bling_Ping est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 05, 2004, 9:39pm   #3
Kazz
Grinder

Kazz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bling_Ping
Yea thats pretty crappy man. That is one reason why I dont play AJ, and I rarely play AQ
I don't think you have to go that far. I'll usually limp in early position with either, and raise with AJ in late position as long as there aren't many people in, or AQ in late or sometimes middle position. That really cuts down on the times you'll run into AK or better and not know it.

Of course you'll run into it once in a while, but if you can lay the hand down before the flop, you should be able to lay it down after if you think you're beat or take a big pot from AK if you hit 2 pair or better. Plus, unless you've doubled up a couple of times, even if you get busted on one of those tables you're not losing too big a stack. You'll run into a worse hand more than a better one though, especially at a place like Party. ;)
Kazz est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 05, 2004, 11:12pm   #4
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hustlr Send a message via AIM to Hustlr

Quote:
You'll run into a worse hand more than a better one though, especially at a place like Party.
Yeah thats the thing Kazz. Sometimes after playing awhile with bad players, those who would actually call those bets and show a worse hand on the river, I start to play just like them. You know how party is, most of the time if you flop top pair with AJ or AQ, its good... despite the action you may get. I've been reraised in that situation many times, and it usually turns out they are holding A8 or something crazy.
Hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote