THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Aug 27, 2004, 8:41pm   #1
SurfingInSocal
Fish

SurfingInSocal
Default Double log in

Hola Mr Webmaster,

I've noticed that I always have to log in/out twice before it actually does the action. This is usually caused by an incorrect cookie domain setting in your phpBB admin control panel. You can find more info about this over at www.phpBB.com. Just do a search for "double log in" or "log in twice". It's a common phpBB issue.
SurfingInSocal est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 27, 2004, 11:00pm   #2
the_fox31
Resident Fox

the_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud of

Rule #1 - don't question our fearless admin.
Rule #2 - don't talk about fightclub.

whatever.
Old Aug 28, 2004, 1:06am   #3
Kazz
Grinder

Kazz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fox31
Rule #1 - don't question our fearless admin.
Rule #2 - don't talk about fightclub.

whatever.
Don't be mean man...I don't have the problem because I have it set to log me in automatically, but I've run into it on other sites, and I think actually here before I set it to automatic. It's caused me to accidentally make posts as a guest instead of as myself before which I couldn't edit or delete, so it kinda' sucks.

Also, he pointed out exactly what the problem was and where the solution could be found instead of just saying "UR SITE SUX0RZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111"...we shouldn't discourage the few people who actually try to be helpful. If you want to go yell at the guy who was spamming this morning though...feel free.
Kazz est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2004, 5:09am   #4
the_fox31
Resident Fox

the_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud of

I'm sorry to come across as mean.

Most of my post was sarcasm: "...fearless site admin...", but i guess a few rolling eye smilleys would have made that a little more clear.

In an attempt to make all that is wrong in the world right, I send out my sincerest apologies to SurfingInSocal, and I hope that he/she can find it in his/her heart to forgive my rude and sensless post.

For real though, please don't be offended by stuff I say. Rarely am I serious.

Except there.

And there.

You get it.
Old Aug 28, 2004, 5:35am   #5
Kazz
Grinder

It's okay...it seemed like you were joking for the most part, it's just the "whatever" could have been sarcasm, or it could have been really saying "Shut up! We don't want to listen to you!" and it was a little hard to tell. That's why I use (and probably overuse) faces with my sarcasm. ;)
Old Aug 28, 2004, 4:25pm   #6
Mercy
Tech guy

Mercy has disabled reputation

Thanks for the tip. I applied the fix suggested, but if you are still experiencing problems, try clearing your cookie. If still having problems, please let me know.. I'll do my best to get rid of the double login.
Mercy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2004, 5:45pm   #7
SurfingInSocal
Fish

SurfingInSocal

Thanks Mercy,

I did still have the problem, but I haven't deleted my pokertips cookie, or even rebooted recently, so I'll let you know later.

Gracias.
SurfingInSocal est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2004, 9:18am   #8
Kazz
Grinder

I have a new problem...how fun! ;)

I did delete my cookie because I was having problems after you made the change, but since then the auto-login hasn't been working for me, and after I login manually it thinks the last time I visted is the same as the current time I'm visiting, so I can't have it show me new posts.

Using the "View posts since last visit" page is much easier than looking through every forum and trying to remember what I've read and which threads might have new posts since last time I checked, and unless/until my problem's fixed I'll probably end up missing a lot...

Is anyone else having the same problem?
Old Sep 09, 2004, 5:18pm   #9
puddles
Flop Artist

puddles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Is anyone else having the same problem?
I'm having exactly that problem. This is under Mozilla 1.4, WinNT. I think it also happens in Safari at home on my Mac.

puddles
puddles est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2004, 6:36pm   #10
HalAshton
Brunson

HalAshton

I have had cookie/login problems on my forum after I have made changes. Deleting all my cookies on my PC has been the next step and then it works fine with the new settings.
HalAshton est déconnecté   Reply With Quote