THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Sep 24, 2004, 4:12pm   #1
ChicoDill
River Rat

ChicoDill
Default Badbeat observactions

Hello again,The subject this time concerns badbeats with a specific card hitting my hand more than others. I have played for over 5 years on the net for both real and fake chips at 3 different places and have seen this at all of them.
When I'm gettiing crappy cards and bad beats.(you know the drill,whatever you have is'nt good enough to win),I tend to see that I'm getting one card more than others. I have logged many hands over the years and have found this to be true,not just my imagination.I know that 100 to 200 hands is a small sample but after doing this many times I always see the same result. I have recieved a 9 in as many as 76% of my hands as opposed to between 30 to 40 % for any other card in the deck. Since I play mostly 8/b a 9 or above usually screws my hand unless I can make a high hand out of it.But usually,and I have stayed to the end for many hands just to see the rest of it,usually after getting the one card ( whatever it happens to be that night) my hand is screwed.In fact after getting that one card I seldom can win with that hand. I would like to know if anyone has noticed this also?
ChicoDill est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 24, 2004, 4:18pm   #2
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hustlr Send a message via AIM to Hustlr

My guess is that playing alot of hands with a "9" in them, such as Q9 or K9, is the cause of your bad bead and unlucky streak...not the other way around.
Hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2004, 10:16pm   #3
ChicoDill
River Rat

ChicoDill

Sorry but the examples I gave were for 7stud 8/b.I know this is mostly a holdem forum but surely people play other games. I also have seen an unusual amount of hands like 9 2 or 9 4 in holdem when i'm having bad beats and no I don't play those hands.
Old Sep 25, 2004, 12:01am   #4
geometry
Brunson

geometry

sorry but i dont quite get it , how do you get bad beats if you dont play them?
geometry est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2004, 12:54am   #5
ChicoDill
River Rat

ChicoDill

Sorry,the bad beats are on other hands.its just that when that is happening on a regular basis some nites,I notice that in my junk hands i get the same card over and over.So its either junk cards with that one pesky card that keeps coming back,or damn good hands that should win but don't.I was playing the other nite and out of 7 hands in 7stud 8/b i had a 9 on 4th street
6 times.In holdem i've noticed a repeat of cards like 9 2 followed by 7 2 then maybe 10 2 then a switch to one of the bigger cards maybe like 10 7 then 10 9. i've logged a lot of hands and its interesting to see how many times my hands have mirrored themselves.I was just wondering if anyone had noticed a pattern similar to this.
Old Sep 25, 2004, 2:28am   #6
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hustlr Send a message via AIM to Hustlr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicoDill
Sorry but the examples I gave were for 7stud 8/b.
Oh, I didnt catch that.
Hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote