THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Sep 27, 2004, 11:39pm   #11
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hustlr Send a message via AIM to Hustlr

Heres a story about table image from a 10 person home tourney. Its mostly new players, who view me as a more experienced and "good" player. By watching the WSOP and WPT, the common notion is that good players use bluffing as their main weapon. So of course, my bluffs are rendered useless and I know this. They expect me to bluff and will call me down with bottom pair just to show that I cant read them and how they busted my bluff.

So.... I get AKs clubs, in the 3rd hand of the tourney. I raise it to 8x the BB, and get 3 callers. The flop is rags, but with two clubs. I lead out betting 3/4 the pot. Two fold and one player calls quickly thinking I am bluffing...which I was, kinda. The turn is another club, giving me the nut flush. I check, he bets half the pot and I call. The river is another rag, and I go all in. A fury of weird nosies and mumbling erupts around the table. They all think that I missed my high cards and have nothing. He calls with 2nd pair and I bust him out.

The funny thing is, he got so mad he instantly went to the chip case and opened it up. He says "WTF... I knew you had more chips left. Why didnt you hand out the rest of your chips? No one can play with this amount of chips!"

We had 1000 in chips with 10/20 blinds...and our tourneys go on for long enough.
Hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 28, 2004, 3:34am   #12
packattack88
Grinder

packattack88 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: tilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasholdem
I luv to pick on the poor saps on Tilt....like takin' candy from a baby...
The lower limits are definitely easy, but compared to most sites, he's fairly difficult. Definitely some of the better players on the net at the higher stakes.
Old Sep 28, 2004, 5:21pm   #13
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hustlr Send a message via AIM to Hustlr

Quote:
Originally Posted by packattack88
The lower limits are definitely easy, but compared to most sites, he's fairly difficult. Definitely some of the better players on the net at the higher stakes.
All I have to say is that I didnt have the best run at the $1/$2 and $2/$4 NL tables. Definitely some solid players.
Hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2004, 5:25pm   #14
Bling_Ping
Doyle Look-alike

Bling_Ping

Nice work Hustlr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlr
Heres a story about table image from a 10 person home tourney. Its mostly new players, who view me as a more experienced and "good" player. By watching the WSOP and WPT, the common notion is that good players use bluffing as their main weapon. So of course, my bluffs are rendered useless and I know this. They expect me to bluff and will call me down with bottom pair just to show that I cant read them and how they busted my bluff.

So.... I get AKs clubs, in the 3rd hand of the tourney. I raise it to 8x the BB, and get 3 callers. The flop is rags, but with two clubs. I lead out betting 3/4 the pot. Two fold and one player calls quickly thinking I am bluffing...which I was, kinda. The turn is another club, giving me the nut flush. I check, he bets half the pot and I call. The river is another rag, and I go all in. A fury of weird nosies and mumbling erupts around the table. They all think that I missed my high cards and have nothing. He calls with 2nd pair and I bust him out.

The funny thing is, he got so mad he instantly went to the chip case and opened it up. He says "WTF... I knew you had more chips left. Why didnt you hand out the rest of your chips? No one can play with this amount of chips!"

We had 1000 in chips with 10/20 blinds...and our tourneys go on for long enough.
Bling_Ping est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2004, 12:39am   #15
packattack88
Grinder

packattack88 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlr
Quote:
Originally Posted by packattack88
It's taken me a while to get what I think is a solid all around no limit game that I can feel confident in. I've had much more success lately, because I've changed my game to being much more aggressive before the flop. If I'm the first one into the pot, I either raise or fold, to keep my opponents guessing what I have. I will generally raise with a pocket pair as well, to try to get it heads up. Aggression pays off in no-limit. Use it to your advantage.

All I have to say is that I didnt have the best run at the $1/$2 and $2/$4 NL tables. Definitely some solid players.