THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Oct 21, 2004, 11:04pm   #1
123money321
Doyle Look-alike

123money321 will become famous soon enough123money321 will become famous soon enough
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default Did I play this wrong??

There 5 people left in a pokerroom.com single table tournament. Im on the BB. I have about 2,500 left(about average). I get delt A 10, there is a farely small raise pre-flop, I call as does the SB. The flop comes 4 A 10 off suites. These guys have been playing loose the whole tournament. The button bets 150, SB (with chip lead of 6000) raises to 500. I raise all-in...about 2,200. Button folds, SB says on the chat, "I think I'll chase a queen" and calls. He shows JK....4th street comes a Queen. I loose to a straight A high. Did I make the wrong move>?

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 21, 2004, 11:12pm   #2
RiverRider
Brunson

RiverRider is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to RiverRider

no
RiverRider est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2004, 11:26pm   #3
thatjohnkid
Brunson

thatjohnkid
Send a message via AIM to thatjohnkid

No way you didn't have an extremely large amount of chips, you flopped top 2 pair, with no flush draw out there, you made the right move, the other guy was playing looser than Jenna Jameson, with that call, like 1500 more on a pot, on an inside straight draw, when he didn't even have a pair that was a dumb play. Sorry you got sukered like that. I had the same thing happen to me the other night in a cash game with my friends younger bro playing crap cards, callin me and catching a flush on the river when I flopped 2 pair.
thatjohnkid est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2004, 12:06pm   #4
packattack88
Grinder

packattack88 is on a distinguished road

You know you didn't make the wrong move, so why even ask?
Old Oct 23, 2004, 5:33pm   #5
the_fox31
Resident Fox

the_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud of

I try not to post these too often, as I know they are not usually appreciated, but when I do the reasons are often:

1. To vent some steam.

2. To reasure you that the other guy is crazy, not you.
the_fox31 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote