THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Nov 19, 2004, 8:55am   #1
skeldol
Flop Artist

skeldol
Default % chance of winning for each starting hand

last night i played two tables at the same time for the first time. i noticed that the only hands that i had serious potential with were AA, KK, QQ and AK. all other hands seemed to either fail at the flop or leave me wondering as to the true value of the hand i held. is there some sort of % table somewhere that tells you your chance of winning on a 10 handed table for each possible starting hand? i'd be interested to see if there was a big drop in chance at some point.
skeldol est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Nov 19, 2004, 1:31pm   #2
balefire97
Flop Artist

balefire97
Send a message via AIM to balefire97

It’s tough to say. It really depends on the number of people in the pot. In a heads up match pocket As will stand up close to 90% of the time. But in a 10 person pot As will win roughly 36% of the time. Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful. My best advice is when you have the goods, raise the limpers out so the 2 7 off suit in the blinds doesn’t catch their miracle 2 2 7 flop and put you in a really uncomfortable position. I hope this helps.
balefire97 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 4:03am   #3
PoundPoi
River Rat

PoundPoi

Here's a good link to find the estimated value of all starting hands. It even takes into account the number of players you're playing against.

http://www.pokerroom.com/main/page/g...stats/expValue
PoundPoi est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 6:03am   #4
vitaltilt
Grinder

vitaltilt

You should also fool around with the Hand Simulator on this site, it is next to the Forums button at the top of this webpage. The Hand Simulator is great for heads up simulations and short-handed scenarios.
vitaltilt est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2004, 5:01pm   #5
awless
Grinder

awless has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default expected values

I checked out that link at poker room and its looks very interesting but I am not sure how accurate it is. e.g. if you look at the hands ranked by EV

http://www.pokerroom.com/games/evsta...hp?order=value

then you see the lowest ranked hand is 32s with an EV of -0.16 whereas 32 not suited has an EV of -0.14.

I would have thought 72 unsuited would have had the lowest EV.
awless est déconnecté   Reply With Quote