THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Apr 29, 2005, 1:28pm   #1
ELITIST
River Rat

ELITIST
Default Rough Home Game

24 people $25 buy in. Not catching any cards at my table but was able to steal a few pots here and there....then I get moved to the other table.

First hand I get dealt in early position is KK with blinds at 200-400...I raise to 2400, guy behind me raises to 8400 which would leave me with only enough to cover the upcoming SB and BB....I re-reaise all in thinking he doesn't have AA or he would have put me all in...he calls and turns over AQos....flop comes A55 Turn is another A, and the river? you guessed it, his Q...

Needless to say, I was a little upset getting knocked out of the tourney in that fashion...but then again, it wasn't time I've had cowboys cracked...and certainly wont be the last...
ELITIST est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Apr 29, 2005, 2:20pm   #2
Iestyn75
Professional

Iestyn75 will become famous soon enoughIestyn75 will become famous soon enough

Funny how these come around. I was playing a $1000 freeroll last night, and doing quite well. In the first hour I'd had quad Aces, which took out a preflop all-in, and then my QQ raise got called by 3 (!) short/medium stacks who had TT, 99 and 77 respectively in the pocket. Not a single one of us made a set or better. Those two hands put me in a top 10 position.

Then the overall chip leader got moved to my table when we were down to the last 65 players (40 to be paid, but top 10 worth it) and the boot moved to the other foot. First he took a third of my stack when he cracked my pocket Aces with AKs - flop had the first king, plus QT. He'd called my 4xBB raise preflop and flat called my post-flop bet too. Turn was his third K, he went all in and I knew he had a K; I humbly folded. He said he'd have called anything preflop......Then, three hands later, I get dealt KK. Should've been more careful, but two limpers ahead of me, and chip leader in the BB. I raised 4xBB again, he raised me the rest of my stack. I thought long and hard, but decided that this was a semi-bluff, or coin flip and called. He flipped over AA and the board was blank to the river.
Iestyn75 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 8:24am   #3
vitaltilt
Grinder

vitaltilt

whatever happened to Yads? lol.
vitaltilt est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 01, 2005, 11:20am   #4
BadBeatBasti
BadBeatMod

BadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really nice

I had a bad home game (25$ PL Hold'em shorthand) yesterday. I lost with my second hand all my money.

My hand: 86o

Flop: 865
Turn: 8
River: Q

His hand: QQ

...the rest you can imagine
Old May 01, 2005, 10:05pm   #5
Woosta2
Doyle Look-alike

Woosta2
Send a message via AIM to Woosta2 Send a message via Yahoo to Woosta2

you flipped over the table and your dog went nuts? Thats what I imagine.
Old May 02, 2005, 8:21am   #6
BadBeatBasti
BadBeatMod

BadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really niceBadBeatBasti is just really nice
Default Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser!

Yeah, that's what I felt like doing. But I stood up, said ****, and took the dog on a walk. I was pissed and I mean it mood wise and alcohol level wise. Somebody said "Don't be a poor loser". What is it with people saying that. I don't want to be a good loser! Like I wanna say: "Hi, my name is Sebastian. I like to play poker and I am a great loser!" I don't take losing very well and I always want to win. Somewhere I read once: Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser! It's true!
Old May 02, 2005, 12:09pm   #7
lowrider_119
Fish

lowrider_119
Default beginners leason

i just started to play so first 2 nights i felt like i was donating my money to these guys from work who have been playing for awhile. then i finially started to catch on to thes guys, atleast i thought.$25 buy-in had them cleaned out in an hour and a half.felt pretty good,the crds couldn't come up bad.1 quit the other 3 asked to buy in for another $20.stupiedly i let them rather then walking away with my first winning.all of a sudden i'm down to 1/3 of what i had.beginners leason walk away tall,and when you got a big stack infornt of you don't get overly brave with your bets.it was the worst home game yest since i was actually kicking these guys for awhile before it went down hill.
lowrider_119 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 02, 2005, 2:33pm   #8
BadBeatBasti
BadBeatMod

One thing everybody learns someday is that minimizing the losses wins you a lot of money.
Old May 02, 2005, 4:03pm   #9
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

No, a great many people never learn that...

Kc
killcrazy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote