THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > Limit Hold'em and Miscellaneous Strategy

Old May 10, 2005, 9:14pm   #41
Woosta2
Doyle Look-alike

Woosta2
Send a message via AIM to Woosta2 Send a message via Yahoo to Woosta2

whoah, number one, little life advice cuz i respect you. Dude, calm down. You'll live longer and happier. Maybe even prosper.

And i think 1-5% is important. That could be a substantial leak. I did not say that 3.78% (or any other number) was insignificant. O look, i repeated myself. And I'm still ok.

I play only low limit, 20 hours a week; i know how it is too. If i have 3 players a week that call with 90% of their hands, I'm ecstatic. It's full of poor playing in the trenches, but I don't think its as bad as you make it out to be, thats all.

And I was asking for a thread consensus, not a Xen consensus, so i don't care how many times YOU said it. Just that you, as one vote, did say it.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old May 10, 2005, 9:36pm   #42
xenthebrain
I am so smart. S-M-R-T

xenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of light

mhh, first you direct your post to me and put a questionmark at the end of the sentence, on a question I aswered before.

So what shall I think than, when you ask me something I already answered?

And I cannot see why I should calm down, cause I'm already calm.
I don't see any offending content in my posts...

P.S. I play ~50 real hours a week
xenthebrain est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2005, 10:34pm   #43
Elizabeth
Grinder

Elizabeth

Since you asked for a vote I will put in mine. Raise.

I happen to agree with Xen, but I will mention again that I do think there can be more than one correct answer based on how well you know your opponents, your playing style and your own ability to play after the flop.

If a couple of super-tight/passive players have limped in or you're not disciplined enough to fold post flop when it's clear your beaten or you're up against a feild of tricky, skilled players...... you might have a case for not raising.

But generally, with so many limpers at these limits, playing the range of cards they usually play, you are missing a big opportunity to build a large pot with a strong hand that will win much of the time. That's a lot of missed bets.

Maybe there are a couple of good reasons to not raise, but I'd have to be really sure about one or more of them to make that kind of sacrifice.
Old May 11, 2005, 10:21pm   #44
Woosta2
Doyle Look-alike

Woosta2
Send a message via AIM to Woosta2 Send a message via Yahoo to Woosta2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenthebrain
mhh, first you direct your post to me and put a questionmark at the end of the sentence, on a question I aswered before.

So what shall I think than, when you ask me something I already answered?
Fair enough.
Old May 12, 2005, 12:04pm   #45
skeldol
Flop Artist

skeldol

here's an interesting stat. it seem's (obviously i guess) that as you add other aces into the hand AJo goes down further in value.

interestingly the problem with this simulation is that it assumes everyone goes to the river. however if 55 doesn't flop a 5 he'll be out right? and if Qs9s (both these hands have a massive advantage over you if the game goes to the river) doesn't flop top pair she'll be out right? well the chances of them both ducking out are dependent on the pot size.

As Jh 167859 19.73 659015 77.47 23794 2.80 0.210
7s Ah 82297 9.67 744577 87.53 23794 2.80 0.110
Kd 9h 183718 21.60 655079 77.01 11871 1.40 0.222
5d 5h 210604 24.76 637409 74.93 2655 0.31 0.248
Qs 9s 173180 20.36 665617 78.25 11871 1.40 0.210
skeldol est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2005, 12:19pm   #46
xenthebrain
I am so smart. S-M-R-T

xenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of light

You can make up the times where you don't have an edge preflop with good postflop play.
But that's always the precondition.
xenthebrain est déconnecté   Reply With Quote