THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old May 14, 2005, 3:32pm   #1
lilsewon
Doyle Look-alike

lilsewon
Send a message via AIM to lilsewon
Default $100NL more aggressive than $50NL?

Been playin some $100NL and it seems there's a lot more ppl trying to make "moves" and betting and calling with very marginal hands. This being compared to my experience in $50NL. Can this be credited towards a higher level of play or what?

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old May 14, 2005, 9:33pm   #2
miser
Grinder

miser is on a distinguished road

You may just be at a table with some aggressive players, which doesn't always mean their skill level is advanced. Also, it is the weekend. Could be just some casual, less skilled players looking for some action.
Old May 15, 2005, 11:31am   #3
Kazz
Grinder

Kazz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by miser
Also, it is the weekend. Could be just some casual, less skilled players looking for some action.
Yeah, even at $5/$10 NL there seem to be a lot more big action players on the weekends. There are quite a few of them every day at lower levels though (or at least there used to be), so there's probably a decent chance of running into tables with one or more of these guys on any day.
Kazz est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2005, 7:46am   #4
playactn
Doyle Look-alike

playactn
Default Re: $100NL more aggressive than $50NL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsewon
Been playin some $100NL and it seems there's a lot more ppl trying to make "moves" and betting and calling with very marginal hands. This being compared to my experience in $50NL. Can this be credited towards a higher level of play or what?
Hmmm, based on what I noticed, $50 and $100 were pretty similar, nothing too discernable. $200NL is where I saw more people making/learning "moves" since more players were good enough to be susceptible to them. $400NL is where it gets much tougher