German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old May 29, 2005, 8:59am   #1
Retroneous
Fish

Retroneous
Default Limit to No Limit

Hi guys,
Newbie to the site here...be gentle!

I've been playing lots of Limit Hold 'Em online recently and have been doing fairly well at lower levels, getting placed in some multi-table tournaments and consistently breaking even at least. I would like to make the move "up" to No Limit, as there seems to be more action there (about 30 tournaments for every 1 Limit tournament or so it seems).

However, I'm a little confused as to the betting in No Limit. If I have a "good" hand, should I raise three times the big blind, two times or what? I have no idea about this and intend to start out on some very low stakes to get a good footing.

Can anyone give me a basic introduction to No Limit (for someone who has a fair experience of Pot Limit)?

Many thanks,
Retroneous est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old May 29, 2005, 11:54am   #2
NorthView
Professional

NorthView

Welcome.

The first place you should look is in the NL sections of the Poker Strategy bit of this site - see the link at the top of the page.

If you've played PL you shouldn't have too much trouble adapting, apart from the size of preflop raises perhaps, where you can really shut weak hands out of a pot in NL (in theory at least); and the necessity of going all in at critical times.
NorthView est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2005, 12:56pm   #3
rb2350
Brunson

rb2350
Send a message via AIM to rb2350
Default Re: Limit to No Limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroneous
However, I'm a little confused as to the betting in No Limit. If I have a "good" hand, should I raise three times the big blind, two times or what? I have no idea about this and intend to start out on some very low stakes to get a good footing.
I found Dan Harrington's book very helpful when I recently made the switch from Limit to NL. It goes into nice detail on bet size, etc. I recommend it.

[rb]
rb2350 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote