German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Jun 11, 2005, 5:54pm   #81
Gcuss
Brunson

Gcuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJDMB05
Yes, thinly-veiled sarcasm, I'm not stupid, I know everyone is aware of that. I'm just saying that I'm not sure which to do.
Actually, not thinly veiled at all. I just enjoyed your observation. I'd thought about it before, but didn't put it into words.

Grant

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jun 11, 2005, 6:05pm   #82
xenthebrain
I am so smart. S-M-R-T

xenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of lightxenthebrain is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Yes, thinly-veiled sarcasm, I'm not stupid, I know everyone is aware of that. I'm just saying that I'm not sure which to do.
You get offended by what now?
Nice self-esteem there.
xenthebrain est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2005, 6:06pm   #83
Jason1
Grinder

Jason1 is on a distinguished road

Gcuss

I would like to state that I do jump around as far as my buy in level to get use to all forms of play.. not just one. secondly, i beg to highly differ on the fact of staying with crap above 89 will make you win. you are describing people who play the play money... thats how they play. This is by no means hard but i am outplaying these people, they are just simply less experienced players. its plain and simple.

also, where in gods name did i say i knocked out 7 players before the first 5 hands... if i were to beleive if i did that and were skillful i should be in a padded room with a helmet on. i said i took the chip lead after the 5th hand and ended up knocking out 7 of the players in the game. I totally obliterated the table. it was funny because the first two hands of the game i got decent hands and bet them up and ended up havin to fold because i felt i was beaten and was down to like 1,100 out of 1500 . again... use patience, at the 5th hand i came across something decent, raised it up, hit the board and took the chip lead from there on out... i losted a few hands and my stack fluctuated.... i'm not saying i won every single hand, i did lose a few. and even though it was MOSTLY easy i stil had some tough calls to make too, i really had to sit and think a few through that anyone could have easily folded or called and lost too. and theres no difference in trying to figure out a hand if you sitting across from a good player as to a bad one. a good player trys to get a read on you and push you out a bad one just simply bluff or overbet. either one makes you sit and think.
Jason1 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2005, 6:15pm   #84
Gcuss
Brunson

Gcuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason1
Gcuss

I would like to state that I do jump around as far as my buy in level to get use to all forms of play.. not just one. secondly, i beg to highly differ on the fact of staying with crap above 89 will make you win. you are describing people who play the play money... thats how they play. This is by no means hard but i am outplaying these people, they are just simply less experienced players. its plain and simple.
I raise with 89s sometimes depending on what stage of the game we are at.... This is especially effective if your opponents are aware of the gap concept....

Quote:
also, where in gods name did i say i knocked out 7 players before the first 5 hands... if i were to beleive if i did that and were skillful i should be in a padded room with a helmet on.
funny

Quote:
wow, i just entered a SNG right after that post. i knocked out 7 people and had the chip lead from the 5th hand of the game and never looked back.

And I guess I skimmed over your post but if you reread it, it could be taken either way quite easily. I took it as you knocked out 7 people by the 5th hand....

Grant
Old Jun 11, 2005, 7:45pm   #85
Notjitsu
Professional

Notjitsu will become famous soon enoughNotjitsu will become famous soon enough

Taking into consideration his loose interpretation of reality, thats not an unreasonable thing to do Gcuss.
Notjitsu est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2005, 11:59pm   #86
Jason1
Grinder

Jason1 is on a distinguished road

its cool Gcuss
Jason1 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2005, 1:22pm   #87
AJDMB05
Brunson

AJDMB05

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenthebrain
Quote:
You get offended by what now?
Nice self-esteem there.
My fault. I wasn't offended. I'm just more used to people being incredibly sarcastic in short replies. My apologies Grant.