THE FORUMS


German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jun 14, 2005, 7:52am   #21
killcrazy
Apex Predator
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Posts: 10,307
Reputation: 8118
killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default

I meant that the rest of the world is laughing at you.

Kc
__________________
"Blah blah blah KC is right" - Ozone
killcrazy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jun 14, 2005, 8:03am   #22
weknowhowtolive
Doyle Look-alike
 
weknowhowtolive's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sebastopol CA
Posts: 417
Reputation: 0
weknowhowtolive
Send a message via Yahoo to weknowhowtolive
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy
I meant that the rest of the world is laughing at you.

Kc
Could be. Course, if you were trying to say that, you picked a horrible sentence to quote.
weknowhowtolive est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2005, 9:17am   #23
NorthView
Professional
 
NorthView's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 1,816
Reputation: 0
NorthView
Default

I was happy to stay out of this, until you brought my home town into play...

Quote:
Originally Posted by weknowhowtolive
we saved your asses over and over again... AND THE 25% OF LONDON THAT WAS LEFT
Pity you turned up years after the bombing had ceased. What's the matter, did you get the wrong address? We got up, dusted ourselves down and got on with the reconstruction thing, without any of the outpourings of mass hysteria and bloodthirsty desire for revenge that we saw in the aftermath of 11/9 (sod your illogical date format).

Now that we've foolishly followed your country's Oil & Christianity mission into the Middle East, I was hoping you'd finally shut the fuck up about how you saved us during WWII... but no such luck.

BTW, if someone's making 4 useful posts here each day, I'd say that's pretty good. What's your average?
NorthView est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2005, 2:24pm   #24
Notjitsu
Professional
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,092
Reputation: 120
Notjitsu will become famous soon enoughNotjitsu will become famous soon enough
Default

KC's original post in this thread is 100% accurate.
Notjitsu est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2005, 4:18pm   #25
weknowhowtolive
Doyle Look-alike
 
weknowhowtolive's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sebastopol CA
Posts: 417
Reputation: 0
weknowhowtolive
Send a message via Yahoo to weknowhowtolive
Default

Alright, fine
weknowhowtolive est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2005, 6:44pm   #26
Zarathustra
Brunson
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 168
Reputation: 0
Zarathustra
Send a message via MSN to Zarathustra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy
*pause*

...CRIPPLE FIGHT!

Seriously though...weknowwhatyoudidlastsummer, you're dumb. You're always going to be, your only use is to serve as the fall guy in a series of elabourate jokes and hoaxes.

Zarathustra, you're enthusiastic but you think way too much of yourself and your approach to the game is bordering on horrible. By all means keep the name but drop the Zarathustra complex, you aren't smart enough to carry it off. Arrogance is dangerous in this business, and while I'm almost certainly more conceited and sure of myself than you are, I'm also several years and many thousands of dollars ahead of you.

People do not like lippy novices.

The first thing to learn is that there are no absolutes in poker. With the exception of this statement, be wary of anything in poker that begins with words like always or never.

Changing your play because you're losing is wrong? how? surely if you're losing its more likely that your play is incorrect and so should be changed?

Deviating from a correct long term strategy because of short term results is "wrong", this is not necessarilly the same as changing your play up today because you are losing.

My play changes constantly dependant on the particulars of the situation. What I do depends on how others see me, if I haven't played a hand in my first half hour (and am therefore down, and am therefore losing) I'm likely to raise it up with some very marginal hands - people will read me as tight and give me credit for a big hand.

I changed my play because I was losing, and I gained through it.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, daruber muss man schweigen.

Kc

This is just in reply to the following part of your post KC as I'll ignore your psychological profile attempts and random sarcasm that you tend to add to the majority of your contributions to this section of the forum.

Kc wrote:

'Changing your play because you are losing is wrong? how? surely if youre losing its more likey that your play is incorrect and so should be changed. Deviating from a correct long term strategy because of short term results is "wrong", this is not necessarilly the same as changing your play up today because you are losing'

This is exactly what I said Kc. If you care to read my post more carefully you will realise this. If I did not make this clear enough then I apologise, but in any case it's just nitpicking. Try not to make up what you think I meant because you think whatever I meant was probably wrong. Assuming that because someone has only started playing poker, that they have no idea whatsoever and must be spoon-fed all their information is not really justified. And while quoting Wittgenstein in German may make you feel clever, it is not exactly an inside joke, and not very funny even if it was in english imho.

Also, though weknowhowtolive usually makes it clear how much he disagrees with me, and i usually disagree with him, the general thrust of the following quote is, I think, correct

weknowhowtolive wrote:

'Kc, as much as you bitch about what others are doing here, what is it you actually do? Out of all the posts you've made today, id say a good four of them were actually saying something useful. The rest are snide, demeaning comments, usually pointed in the direction of people just coming to learn'.

Considering, as you say, that you are so many thousands of dollars ahead of the newbies, why wouldn't it be better to help the more intermediate players, or just constructively correct the new people, rather than turning the 'beginners' corner' into somewhere for you to practice your sense of humour instead of a place for beginners to talk about poker.
I am sure whoever started this thread actually wanted to have people help them with their question, not for their thread to be turned into a long joke. You have posted many times in this thread, and have not once even made a reference to the initial query, except to list the many reasons as to why nobody has the experience to answer it.
Zarathustra est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2005, 9:21pm   #27
killcrazy
Apex Predator
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Posts: 10,307
Reputation: 8118
killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
I'll ignore your psychological profile attempts and random sarcasm that you tend to add to the majority of your contributions on this forum.
This isn't the first time you've used the phrase "psychological profile", which suggests there is some issue here. In your case it's definitely not just a cigar.

Quote:
This is exactly what I said Kc. If you care to read my post more carefully you will realise this. If I did not make this clear enough then I apologise,
no you were repeating something that you read somewhere, I've yet to see you say something that wasn't wrong or regurgitation.

Quote:
Assuming that because someone has only started playing poker, that they have no idea whatsoever and must be spoon-fed all their information is not really justified.
I don't make assumptions, I make rapid, accurate assessments. You think I got this far by not understanding how people tick?

I've never been a fan of spoon feeding information. People capable of learning will learn at their pace anyway and people incapable of learning won't learn regardless of how the information is presented.

Plus, it's pretty obvious that you don't really know what you're talking about, otherwise you'd have been able to explain pot odds to weknowwhereyoulive..

Quote:
And while quoting Wittgenstein in German may make you feel clever, it is not exactly an inside joke, and not very funny even if it was in english imho.
Well, being clever makes me feel clever, I'm sufficiently secure in my intellect not to need crutches. I quoted Wittgenstein because that point deserved to be made and I've always prefered the implications of his phrasing to the comparitively liberal wimpishness of Twain.

Incidentally the play you're trying to make is the "oh God that's so beneath me, how pathetic" play, popularised by kids of minor academic achievement who have entered the adult world with the misconception that they are in some way intellectually gifted.

A truely ingenius attempt to turn this back on me by the way, although it has failed quite spectacularly.

Your one possible saving grace, is that I'm hoping you're 18. If you are you can grow out of it. If you're in your 20s you're probably a lost cause.

Quote:
Also, though weknowhowtolive usually makes it clear how much he disagrees with me, and i usually disagree with him, the general thrust of the following quote is, I think, correct


weknowhowtolive wrote:

'Kc, as much as you bitch about what others are doing here, what is it you actually do? Out of all the posts you've made today, id say a good four of them were actually saying something useful. The rest are snide, demeaning comments, usually pointed in the direction of people just coming to learn'.

Considering, as you say, that you are so many thousands of dollars ahead of the newbies, why wouldn't it be better to help the more intermediate players,
I like how you've cottoned on to the word "intermediate" on your 6th day of play.

I've booked over 1000 posts, go and read them. I've given away thousands of dollars in information, and when you finally post something worth commenting on, I will there too.

Quote:
or just constructively correct the new people, rather than turning the 'beginners' corner' into somewhere for you to practice your sense of humour instead of a place for beginners to talk about poker.
I am sure whoever started this thread actually wanted to have people help them with their question, not for their thread to be turned into a long joke.
yadda yadda yadda you're missing the point.

You're a cocky wee shit who knows fuck all about anything, you've come into our little community and started talking like you're Johnny Moss returned and you've pissed everyone off.

Maybe, just maybe, it's you.

Kc
__________________
"Blah blah blah KC is right" - Ozone
killcrazy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2005, 9:50pm   #28
Ishbu3116
Pope of Online Poker
 
Ishbu3116's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,147
Reputation: 27
Ishbu3116 is on a distinguished road
Default

Kind of funny to see people arguing on an Online Poker Forum. I, like you guys have argued with KC at times and you all should know by now it gets you nowhere and he will put you down worse than he did the first time. If you disagree with something he says ignore it that way you do not feed the monster.

As it goes for his advice here I agree with him almost 100%. His whole comment about using his tight image to manufacture pots is correct as long as you are playing at a Limit or at least with players who pay attention to that. If you are playing 1/2 or 2/4 I would be suprised if everybody there is paying attention to your "image" at the table. And if you are playing Micro Limit it would not shock me if nobody was paying attention to table image. This also applies to Sit and Go's and live play as well. It all depends on the players you are playing against.
__________________
Ishbu's Blog is finally up...http://theishbu.blogspot.com Last Updated (05/12/0
Read about my Play Money Prop Bet http://www.pokertips.org/forums/showthread.php?t=59087
Ishbu3116 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2005, 10:16pm   #29
Zarathustra
Brunson
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 168
Reputation: 0
Zarathustra
Send a message via MSN to Zarathustra
Default

Thanks for the tip
Zarathustra est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 2:40am. vBulletin 3.7.4 Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.