THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jun 25, 2005, 2:09pm   #11
Notjitsu
Professional

Notjitsu will become famous soon enoughNotjitsu will become famous soon enough

Just so you know, you are not a solid player.

Quote:
I had 7-8 suited hearts. I had a gut feeling but turned it down something ive heard NEVER to do
This is something a solid player would never say.

Its not a big deal to not be a solid player, but it is important for you to know that there is a whole other world of poker out there that you haven't explored yet.

The good news is, you've come to a place with information to help you on your way!
Notjitsu est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jun 25, 2005, 3:34pm   #12
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hustlr Send a message via AIM to Hustlr

Just want to make sure this is correct...

Started out with T9000 chips and the blinds began at 1/2, or 2/4?
Hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2005, 3:36pm   #13
Notjitsu
Professional

Notjitsu will become famous soon enoughNotjitsu will become famous soon enough

I think he was saying they were nine gram (as in weight) chips.
Notjitsu est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2005, 3:45pm   #14
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hustlr Send a message via AIM to Hustlr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjitsu
I think he was saying they were nine gram (as in weight) chips.
My first guess....but you never know
Hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 4:57am   #15
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default Re: Bad Beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPoppaJoe
I had 7-8 suited hearts. I had a gut feeling but turned it down something ive heard NEVER to do
and rightly so. a lot of the time you're going to have a gut feeling about a hand you can't explain, it just feels lucky.

the reason for this is you're picking up on things that your conscious mind can't process, you were probably idley watching as the deck was being shuffled and realised 3 of the 8s were close to each other in the deck, a lot of players don't understand this because they've only played online, live there's a lot of information your subconscious mind is processing that your conscious self misses.

After all anyone can read a book, there's no way you can learn good instincts. The difference between good players and poor ones is that the good players are able to make the call here.

Quote:
Im 17 and have been playing for 5 months and am a pretty solid player but this loss is bugging the hell out of me. Anyone have any ideas on what i should do to get over this?
have you considered taking up smoking? i smoke and i'm a professional.

Kc
Old Jun 29, 2005, 6:22pm   #16
gamesgeek
Fish

gamesgeek
Send a message via AIM to gamesgeek Send a message via MSN to gamesgeek Send a message via Yahoo to gamesgeek

Quote:
the reason for this is you're picking up on things that your conscious mind can't process, you were probably idley watching as the deck was being shuffled and realised 3 of the 8s were close to each other in the deck, a lot of players don't understand this because they've only played online, live there's a lot of information your subconscious mind is processing that your conscious self misses.

After all anyone can read a book, there's no way you can learn good instincts. The difference between good players and poor ones is that the good players are able to make the call here.
Yah, or he just had a burrito for dinner and it was bubbling up and giving him a funny feeling. Seriously. Pro or not, you're overestimating the accuracy of gut feelings in this case.

Anyway, this is not a bad beat. You had a marginal hand and a drawing hand beat you. It doesn't matter that he beat you in an unlikely way (5s instead of his flush). He could have caught an A, any heart, A/5 running, etc.

My advice to you? If this is really bothering you that much, quit playing poker today. Leave the cards behind and never look back because when you get real bad beats with real cash on the line you're likely to fling yourself out a window.

Come talk to me when you flop top set on a rainbow flop and some jackass calls your all-in with an UNDERPAIR and catches runner-runner quads to take your stack. Then we will discuss bad beats.
Old Jun 29, 2005, 11:45pm   #17
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

gotta get up pretty in the morning to slip one past you, ay? ;)

yerra sharp cookie,

Kc
Old Jul 06, 2005, 3:56pm   #18
PokerDudeMan
River Rat

PokerDudeMan
Send a message via AIM to PokerDudeMan

Killcrazy is a mad man. lol