THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Nov 02, 2005, 7:09am   #1
XA_kid
The Doyle

XA_kid is on a distinguished road
Default Big Pick Me Up

After a horrible October (Hey it's November 1st-ish, new month and this change all around) of a bad run and me doing stupid things (they always seem to run hand in hand), I placed 2nd in a FTP 10+1 tourney for 536. I was dissapointed that I finished 2nd a little, but the 1st guy was a solid player and caught some cards, end up with a 6-1 chip lead when it got heads up. The real gratifying part was that I came up against some real donkeys and I still out finished them.

The Key Donk Hand was the last hand before the final table. I'm 2nd in chips and get QQ in the BB. Donk UTG limps, folds to me, I put in a healthy raise and he calls. AQx on the flop, I put in a healthy flop bet (about 15,000 into 17,000) because I know this donk would call me down with A anything. K on the turn, I push him all-in and he calls with J10. I don't fill up and begin the final table in 6th position. I still had an okay chipstack (30,000 to 600/1200 blinds), but I was 6th in front of some real short stacks.

Long Story short, I made some good moves, avoided a flush draw, and watched the Donk give his chips to the guy who became chipleader when they were nearly tied in chips to start with. There is nothing like taking the beats from the donks and still finishing better than them.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Nov 02, 2005, 1:39pm   #2
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ozone

Well done.

"How do I become more pro? I gotta learn math?" - fuedallord
Ozone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 02, 2005, 4:06pm   #3
SevenToo
Grinder

SevenToo

very well done !

you other guys see ? after rain -> sunshine
Old Nov 03, 2005, 3:46am   #4
sffan72