THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Nov 11, 2005, 5:03am   #1
lilsewon
Doyle Look-alike

lilsewon
Send a message via AIM to lilsewon
Default $25 NL really weak tight?

You'd expect ppl to be throwing their money in w/ a measly pair and calling raises w/ crap, but not really. Ppl fold A LOT to preflop raises and don't relaly put their money in unless they have a monster. They love to limp but fold to any raise. I rarely have anyone call me down with a weak Ace or any top pair.

Why so weak tight and not just loose and stupid?

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Nov 11, 2005, 7:52am   #2
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ozone

What kind of a sample size are we talking here? Half a million hands of datamining, or the 50 hands you played tonight before bed?

I haven't played any NL on Party in a while, so I'm not too sure about it myself. I'd be curious to hear what others think of it.

"How do I become more pro? I gotta learn math?" - fuedallord
Ozone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2005, 3:10pm   #3
lilsewon
Doyle Look-alike

lilsewon

It musta been over a couple thousand hands, not a whole lot, but I just thought it was unusual. I've never had anyone show me AJ after calling down my AK, yet. After 3 ppl limp and you raise to say 4x the BB, it's not unusual for everyone to fold and u pick up the pot. Just not really what I expected is all.
Old Nov 11, 2005, 4:31pm   #4
catfish88
Doyle Look-alike

catfish88

I play a lot of the $25 no limit on party, but usually the six-handed games. People LOVE to limp even with big hands. I guess they are trying to trap. It worked on me for one guy yesterday. I limped in from EP with KJo and he just called BB from the button. Flop comes out A K J rainbow, and guess who had AK? I lost a bit on that hand. I was more worried about the QT than the AK. Same game a little later, when I was in BB, another guy called BB from early position and I had pocket 4s and checked it. Flop comes out all low cards but I make my set. I have no idea what he has so I figure I'll slow play and let him lead out. We both check flop. I bet 2/3 of pot on turn and he calls. I make a similar 2/3 bet on river and he calls. He had pocket aces!!! I won the pot, but I couldn't believe he didn't bet preflop, on the flop, or raise on the turn. If I had known what he had I probably could've won a bigger pot! Definitely a tight passive table!
catfish88 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2005, 4:50pm   #5
expopcorn
Professional

expopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant future

I have been playing the $10 beginners tables where the play can be so variable that you really need to get used to the pace at each table separately.

Sometimes they can be really loose and wild (5 players call a 10bb raise and then call down -or even reraise a decent sized bet- with middle pair), but others are much tighter (relatively anyway) where you can normally get heads up with a 4-5bb raise. Many players still seem to call down with any piece of the flop. There are also a significant number of players who will min bet the flop with anything - presumably hoping that others have selected check/fold.

Unfortunately, I will have to leave these table after the weekend and move to $25NL. Therefore I would be very interested to know what these tables are like.
expopcorn est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2005, 3:36am   #6
lilsewon
Doyle Look-alike

lilsewon

I had a better experience today as far as ppl calling down w/ worse hands. Someone even called me down with Ace high! A6 for that matter. So perhaps I just had a short string of hands where those situations just never came up. Still a lot of ppl folding, but the loose callers are out there, just gotta find em.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 4:13pm   #7
ComradeSAL
Brunson

ComradeSAL

I've been playing a lot on Party and Empire lately at 25-50 NL/PL, and it's really a pretty diverse field. I saw one person come in and "play" 77 hands without ever voluntarily putting money in the pot, and then I've seen extremely LA people who play something like 85% of the hands and bet with anything. Basically the only generalization I can say is that almost everyone sucks .

It's one of the reasons why pokertracker is so valuable; with all the wildly differing play styles out there, you really can't go into any table with just one game plan.
ComradeSAL est déconnecté   Reply With Quote