THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jan 15, 2006, 4:03am   #1
downtown
Doyle Look-alike

downtown is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to downtown
Default *$&#@(*

I've seen so many bad beats in the last week it's ridiculous.

Set of 7's, turn is a 2, guy caps it, I know he's on Q-2 2 pair.... river... Q... 2 outs, make the crying call... yup, hit a 2 outer.

Cap pocket aces pre flop... flop a set, A 5 7rb., turn 5... sweet, boat... river 5.... jackass was playing A-5o WTF!

Turn:
As Ah 989 99.90 1 0.10 0 0.00 0.999
Ac 5d 1 0.10 989 99.90 0 0.00 0.001

River:
cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
As Ah 43 97.73 1 2.27 0 0.00 0.977
Ac 5d 1 2.27 43 97.73 0 0.00 0.023

ARE YOU KIDDING ME

*repeats long term... long term.... they will pay you off...*

Annoying crap.

-Ozone, on the technical side of poker
downtown est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jan 24, 2006, 3:57pm   #2
mattjgallo
Flop Artist

mattjgallo
Send a message via ICQ to mattjgallo Send a message via AIM to mattjgallo Send a message via MSN to mattjgallo

Ok.

Think of it from his point of view. A5o isn't exactly *that* bad a hand and every now and again you may wanna play it. He flops 2 pair thinking gees i'm in. You might be able to put the other guy (you) on AA here, but it's not definite. Turn is a 5, he's got a boat also. Only AA beats him here. He's fairly likely to stay with it. Then he got lucky, but that's poker.
mattjgallo est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2006, 9:04pm   #3
Hoss Man
Doyle Look-alike

Hoss Man is on a distinguished road

I've seen folks busted out of medium buyin MTTs by maniacs hitting bizarre two pairs or trips on the river.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 2:19pm   #4
patred48
Brunson

patred48

I had one SnG last week where I was a medium stack (I think 700 or so, fairly early on) and raised with pocket 2's. Can't remember the exact amount or what it was in relation to the blinds -- maybe BB was 50 at this point and I raised with 150? Anyway, everybody folded on my raise except one player who called. Flop came out 2-?-K rainbows, so now I have a set of 2's. Figured this guy had K-Q or something like that, and if I bet the pot I'd be down to 200 chips or so to bet on the turn. We were fairly even on chips, so I went all in, and he called. He had J-J.

Turn was a K, so now I have a full house.

River was a J.

Another SnG after that, I had J-J and raised on the button. Two people called, and flop came out something like 9-6-2. One player went all in, and I immediately thought, "Pocket 9's." So I folded, and the remaining player called. Sure enough, she had pocket 9's and won it. But of course a J came out on the turn.

Pat