THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Feb 04, 2006, 6:55pm   #21
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Umm, I guess that's whatever the odds are when your opponent needs exact runners to beat you.

For instance, AA on a flop of AKK against 22, and the turn and river are both 2s.

That's not what happened to me (if i find one or more of the HH's I'll post it), but I lost to exact runners 4 times in less than 20K hands in one stretch.

What are the odds then? 1000:1 in favour give or take? Yeah... somehow losing to a river gutshot doesn't seem like a 'bad beat' by comparison, even though it still is.
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 05, 2006, 2:09am   #22
tmash
Brunson

tmash

Hurrah! I finally laid a horrible beat on someone else! Caught my first ever one outer!

55 on the button.....

Flop comes: 5 7 Q

Three way all in, one guy had AQ, one guy had 77

Turn A

River 5!

HURRAH!
tmash est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 05, 2006, 6:06am   #23
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ozone

989:1

I had A8 on an AA8 flop (with two hearts). Money gets in, guy has 25 of hearts, 3h, 4h. I vomited.

"How do I become more pro? I gotta learn math?" - fuedallord
Ozone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 05, 2006, 2:45pm   #24
Al6Jets18
River Rat

Al6Jets18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone

I had A8 on an AA8 flop (with two hearts). Money gets in, guy has 25 of hearts, 3h, 4h. I vomited.
I had a similar thing happen to me, only worse.

I have AA, flop comes AA3 (2 hearts). I check, table bluffer pushes all in, I quickly call, he shows 7c2h. I guess he wanted to show that he bluffed with the worst hand in poker. Then:
Turn: 5h
River: 4h
I wanted to cry.
Al6Jets18 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 05, 2006, 5:30pm   #25
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al6Jets18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone

I had a similar thing happen to me, only worse.

I have AA, flop comes AA3 (2 hearts). I check, table bluffer pushes all in, I quickly call, he shows 7c2h. I guess he wanted to show that he bluffed with the worst hand in poker. Then:
Turn: 5h
River: 4h
I wanted to cry.
Actually, they're both equally bad. They're both the worst beat (statistically speaking) in holdem. Not to split hairs because I know how much it sucks (see above!).
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 05, 2006, 9:17pm   #26
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Pesonally I had another bad beat today:AA preflop;I'm the cut off and there's a raise before me I bet the pot(PL BTW);the flop has the ace of spades and another spade;again I bet the pot;the turns another spade:I check the dealer bets the pot-I tilt and call the turn and river.My brain told me to fold;but damn if I was going to fold a set of aces-I have the Harrington disease and so doubled up a woman from oklahoma.Damn,I'm still playing too loose post flop where it hurts the most.

Motto of the story:bad beat+bad play post flop=Phil Hellmuth whine ;)

Just hope I play a set of aces against her again at partypoker ;)
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2006, 10:24pm   #27
ALL50
Flop Artist

ALL50
Default good and bad

$10+1 Pstars MTT; short stack EP pushes, button comes over the top and is all-in, I'm in BB with A-A. I call and have $35 left.
short stack has A-Q.
BB has Q-Q.
looks good for me.

Flop 7-10-6
Turn Q
Hits his one outer.
River A.
Yes! the return 1 outer.

Today, $50+4 on Pacific. 3 players left, I'm shortstack and push with A-4 suited. BB instantly calls.
Flop comes 5-2-3 rainbow. A dream come true!
PokerStove has me 96.1% to win.

turn J
river 5.

opponent shows J-J and knocks me out.
Think I'll go back to Parchesi.
ALL50 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2006, 11:20pm   #28
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

"Ozone wrote:

I had A8 on an AA8 flop (with two hearts). Money gets in, guy has 25 of hearts, 3h, 4h. I vomited."

Rivers like that make anyone cry.lol,I felt the same way flopping a wired boat three times in the same day,only to be facing flopped quads...this can't be happening...silent SCREAM!
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2006, 2:12pm   #29
zemidjan_99
Brunson

zemidjan_99
Default ..

hope you're at a site with a bad beat jackpot.
zemidjan_99 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2006, 6:28am   #30
Henry09
Fish

Henry09

70 runner tounry down to last 20 and I am under the gun with K, 10 suited and can only afford 1.5* the big blind (4k). So I go all in knowing I might get stuck with 2,7 off next hand on the big. Of couse I need a little luck here to get back in this thing. Anyway flop comes A,Q,J so I have the straight, guy next to me has A,Q and goes all in and get a caller from a guy that had A,6 (terrible player he was) anyway trun comes K and river comes 10 lol. Runner Runner for the tiop straight 3 way plit and then I do get 2,7 off on the next hand lol j/k it was like 9,4 or some shit.

Last night same weekly tourny I am on the button in the early stages of the tourny. Its a full school and blinds are 400/800 so I riase to 2k and this guy puts me all in and the rest fold. Anyway pocket Q's Vs 8's and the mofo hits a set on the flop. Just your average bad beat nothing special but it hurt like they all do.

Ofcourse its nothing like runner runner to get SF over quads lol that is crazy bad
Henry09 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote