THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Feb 22, 2006, 11:44pm   #1
chefski
Grinder

chefski
Default $1/$2 $200 NL cash game, being bullied...

OK, I think I was a victim of some severe bullying, but want to know if I played this poorly.

I'm in middle position, dealt 10d/10c. All folds before me. I raise to $12, all folds except the BB raises to $24. The guy on the BB is pretty aggressive and has ~ $400 stack at this point to my $125 and has played some marginal hands that he's drawn in to.

Flop comes Ad, Kd, Jd, for my strt draw and strt flsh draw. He bets out $40 and I raise to $80, he calls immediately. Turn comes 8c and he all-ins me.

What to do here?

chefski est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 23, 2006, 1:52am   #2
juggalo68
Grinder

juggalo68

Assuming you're bankrolled for these stakes and this isn't the rent money you're playing with, I'm calling this simply for the shot at the Royal Flush I've never had in my life!

Seriously though--2 T's, 4Q, any of the remaining 8 diamonds are potential outs. I'm not giving him credit for pocket A's K's or J's as I feel he would have put you all in at the turn rather than let you see another card with flush and straight draws out there. At any rate just counting Q's and diamonds gives you a 28% of hitting the river while the pot is offering close to 8 to 1 so I guess you go for it.

How'd it work out?
Old Feb 23, 2006, 2:14pm   #3
Dootch
Doyle Look-alike

Dootch

$45 to call for a $208 pot.

4.62-1

If he has the Qd then you're pretty rooted, but if he has any other cards then you have odds to call.

so... I'd call.

I don't think I'd raise the flop either. You're putting extra money into a pot where you're probably the underdog, and have very little fold equity. (unless im hugely underestimating his aggressiveness, which I don't think is the case)
Dootch est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2006, 3:41pm   #4
juggalo68
Grinder

juggalo68

Re-doing my math from last night now I get you have to call $21 for a $232 pot or 11 to 1 odds. Maybe I'm screwing up but pot odds look like they dictate a call.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 3:51pm   #5
catfish88
Doyle Look-alike

catfish88

Yeah, no way you fold at this point. You probably lose the rest of your stack here, but there isn't that much left anyway, right??? Pot odds dictate a call here. Just hope for that royal flush!!!
catfish88 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2006, 3:55pm   #6
Dootch
Doyle Look-alike

Dootch

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggalo68
Re-doing my math from last night now I get you have to call $21 for a $232 pot or 11 to 1 odds. Maybe I'm screwing up but pot odds look like they dictate a call.
His stack after the flop betting was $125
Dootch est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2006, 4:03pm   #7
juggalo68
Grinder

juggalo68

ok, I looked at it again. His stack was 125 after pre-flop betting but before betting the flop. I thought that meant his stack and villain's stack before the hand. Thanks!
Old Feb 23, 2006, 9:59pm   #8
chefski
Grinder

chefski

Well, kind of anticlimatic here because I did fold and never saw the river or his cards. Not sure why I didn't call other than just thought I was beat and failed my POs calculating ($75 call to win $260). In looking back, I definitely should have called him down as I lost the remaining $$ in a couple of hands anyway.

Guess you never stop learning, thanks for the input.

chefski est déconnecté   Reply With Quote