THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Feb 26, 2006, 3:09am   #1
b_money84
Doyle Look-alike

b_money84
Default Why does it seem like everytime I get Qs/Ks, I'm dominated?

I play home games frequently as well as online, and in live play, I almost never (at all as far as I can remember) see a situation where I get dealt pocket Queens or Kings, and have someone a few positions later have me beat by one up, Kings or Aces.

Yet online I see it every 10 minutes.

I get dealt Queens and throw out a hefty raise, 6xBB+ everyone folds but one who calls (I mean yes, if hes calling he must have something, but this isn't a positive indication of a dominant hand)

Flop comes ragged 2 7 9 rainbow
I throw out another hefty bet
get called
Turn comes 3
I go all in
get called
he shows pocket Kings and takes it.

I mean this happens at least a few times a week, and I'm just surprised at its frequency.
b_money84 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 26, 2006, 6:43am   #2
Dootch
Doyle Look-alike

Dootch

unless youre playing at micro micro limits, 6xbb is too high, so when you do get called, it is by a hand that is better than yours.

Also it is bad luck
Dootch est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2006, 7:08am   #3
b_money84
Doyle Look-alike

b_money84

Well this is at .25/.50 so I guess that's micro, and I've seen people call 6x BB or more with worse than Ks or As at that limit, sometimes AK, AQ, AJ, 10 10, JJ, etc...

Definitely some bad luck though, like I said, this happens semi-frequently where I get into an all-in situation where I'm beat by the next card up; I have Ks they have As, etc.
b_money84 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2006, 2:59pm   #4
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

You just can't compare loose home games with on-line play. You probably have fewer players at home games. So hands hold up better.

If you were pplaying home games longhand at fixed limit you should see this fairly regularly.

But mainly, you see as many hands in 1-2 hours online as you will in many, many hours of home play. So, you'll see all sorts of things. I got one royal flush in 30 years of live play and one in the first three weeks of online play. I just think its a matter of hands played.
jimmytrick est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2006, 11:22pm   #5
randyripoff
Brunson

randyripoff

Remember too that you see a lot more hands in a lot less time playing online than you will at a home game.

My guess is that most hands online probably take about 1-2 minutes to play. Contrast that with your home games, which probably takes a minimum of 5 minutes per hand. You're going to see more types of hands, more really strong hands simply because you're seeing more hands period.
randyripoff est déconnecté   Reply With Quote