THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Mar 08, 2006, 9:45am   #1
Rafvdv
Doyle Look-alike

Rafvdv
Default Ooh Yessss

Just a little brag altough it might not be that amazing for the big guns around here.

Won the $500 freeroll tournament of pokerroom yesterday. After 4.10h, the last opponent ( 2400 players) was wiped out with the questionable honor of being the first loser.

Maybe a small question. If you can win or do generally good in such tournaments , am I wasting my time playing them? Should I move up and try to go for small buy in MTT's when i feel like playing a tournament?

Raf

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 08, 2006, 12:23pm   #2
SidMaynard
Too tired for poker

SidMaynard

Congratulations, that is a good tournament win.

You should definately make the move to Sng or small stakes MTT. You have done very well to win a freeroll, but there is a lot more luck involved in freerolls because the play is so loose/aggressive. Therefore, you can't rely on winning them a lot and you won't be honing your poker skills in the way that you need to.

I found when I moved from freerolls to MTTs I was far too impatient and would push all-in too quickly. It took me a while to realise that all-in wasn't the only way to play a good hand.

I imagine that you won about $150, so that should buy you in to a fair few $5 + $1 MTT and a crack at a bigger pay out.

Good luck.
SidMaynard est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 08, 2006, 12:52pm   #3
Rafvdv
Doyle Look-alike

Rafvdv

price was $75 which is ok for me.

Here comes the sad part. You have to have 4 player points /$ you win on these freerolls.

I currently have a bit over 200 points, so if I ended up 2nd, they would have instantly payed me $50, but now I need a 100 points more within 60 days or I get nothing.
a &5+05 S&G gives 2.5PP so I roughly have to play 40 S&G's in 60 days to get my winnings which is much more then what I normally play . I could go to the tables , but I don't really like limit and my bankroll actually isn't big enough to play no limit since they don't have micro tables (0.25/0.5 is the smallest)

It will be a race against time.