THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Mar 10, 2006, 6:04am   #1
AMDeluxe
Doyle Look-alike

AMDeluxe
Default slightly uncanny...

In a freeroll, a few hands ago: I raise from MP with AJ, get one caller; flop completely misses but he checks and I take down the pot. No excitement. But then two or three minutes later the guy who folded pipes up, saying "AJ... don't try that again". I ask him what he's talking about, and he says "You have been warned". Then a few seconds later, "Do you know who I am?". Sadly, at that exact moment I got moved to a different table, and with no observer chat on Party I'm unable to find out if he's Santa Claus, Jesus, or what.

Anyway, was that just an uncanny read? or some sort of bizarre cheating? I mucked my cards, so it wasn't in the hand history. I'm confused, and a little bit worried that someone's lurking in my bedroom...
AMDeluxe est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 10, 2006, 1:14pm   #2
SidMaynard
Too tired for poker

SidMaynard

That is spooky.

I keep getting spam messages regarding hole card scanners that can apparently read your opponenets pockets (fluff and boiled sweets included).

I always thought that it was nonsense, but perhaps they do work?
SidMaynard est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2006, 1:58pm   #3
Idaelus
River Rat

Idaelus
Send a message via Yahoo to Idaelus

My vote is for Jesus. Santa doesn't seem like the Hold 'Em type.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 2:18pm   #4
cetacean
Grinder

cetacean has a spectacular aura aboutcetacean has a spectacular aura aboutcetacean has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: slightly uncanny...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDeluxe
In a freeroll, a few hands ago: I raise from MP with AJ, get one caller; flop completely misses but he checks and I take down the pot. No excitement. But then two or three minutes later the guy who folded pipes up, saying "AJ... don't try that again".
I think the much more likely explanation is that he was saying, "I had AJ, and I layed it down, but don't try bluffing me again" (Implying that he thinks his AJ had you beat and that next time he will call your bluff.)
cetacean est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2006, 3:59pm   #5
fiezk
Flop Artist

fiezk

Quote:
I think the much more likely explanation is that he was saying, "I had AJ, and I layed it down, but don't try bluffing me again" (Implying that he thinks his AJ had you beat and that next time he will call your bluff.)
That was my impression too
fiezk est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2006, 8:03pm   #6
AMDeluxe
Doyle Look-alike

AMDeluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cetacean
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDeluxe
In a freeroll, a few hands ago: I raise from MP with AJ, get one caller; flop completely misses but he checks and I take down the pot. No excitement. But then two or three minutes later the guy who folded pipes up, saying "AJ... don't try that again".
Right. That makes about ten times more sense. But I like the Santa explanation better... like, I know you've been bluffing and if you keep trying it on, you're getting no presents this Christmas.
AMDeluxe est déconnecté   Reply With Quote