THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Mar 25, 2006, 5:20pm   #1
zolaboy
will invade Europe.

zolaboy has a spectacular aura aboutzolaboy has a spectacular aura about
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default Q-7-3 rainbow flops...this is odd...

I've been tooling around the site for awhile...but this is my first post and i'm only doing so because this is so weird...

I play $25 n/l or p/l, depending on which games are softer at the time, at pokerroom.com. These three hands happened in three weeks...

1. dealt 33 in late position raise to 4xBB, only the bb calls Q-7-3 rainbow flop...bb checks...i bet the pot he calls...7 comes off on the turn...he pushes AI...only about 3/4 of the pot...i call...river is a blank....he shows QQ

2. dealt QQ UTG raise to 5xBB...2 callers...one in MP one in LP...flop: Q-7-3 rainbow...bet 3/4 of the pot...mp folds...late position goes all-in...i put him on a lower set...and he has more chips than me...so with no big draws and having the nuts obviously i made the call...turn is a 7...river is a blank....he shows 77 for 4 of a kind....lost a buy in and a half...but these things happen...

3. last night i was deal 77 in LP...2 limpers in front of me raise to 4xBB...SB and one of the limpers calls...flop Q-7-3 rainbow...checks to me, bet the pot...sb reraise for all my chips...i was short stacked from a couple of bad plays on previous hands so, even though i thought he had me beat...i made the crying call...sure enough showed down w/ QQ....

as much as these three hands hurt and they sure are weird...the didn't adversely affect my bankroll too badly...

also this isn't meant to be "proof" that online poker is rigged...just thought it was peculiar...
zolaboy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 25, 2006, 5:55pm   #2
randomkev
Doyle Look-alike

randomkev

That is strange.

Just sucks you were never on the happy end of it.
randomkev est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 10:25pm   #3
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

RIGGED!!

And by the way, if you play 25PL on PR and you think youre beat after the guy raised allin and you only have that weak second set , then youre like a friend of mine, who think everyone who raise has the nuts. Teh Weak Tight.

Im playing 200NL and in that situation Im going broke EACH time the guy has top set. The guy could have an overpair, low set, bluff , 2 weird pair... Id say even at 200NL, youre winning 8 times / 10 in that situation. So call that shit everytime with a smile. +++ EV
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 10:45pm   #4
zolaboy
will invade Europe.

zolaboy has a spectacular aura aboutzolaboy has a spectacular aura about
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

i would consider myself far from weak-tight...i did make the call...even though the read i had on the guy told me QQ...the math was just right...

and no its not rigged...i've seen shit just as weird playing live...
zolaboy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 3:55am   #5
AMDeluxe
Doyle Look-alike

AMDeluxe

No, you're wrong. Poker Is Rigged. Fact.

But I still play it, obviously. It's rigged in my favour
AMDeluxe est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 11:16pm   #6
XA_kid
The Doyle

XA_kid is on a distinguished road

That is crazy. Maybe we can get Northview to authenticate their number generator.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 11:29pm   #7
CBone
Microdonk till ∞

CBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to CBone Send a message via Skype™ to CBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA_kid
That is crazy. Maybe we can get Northview to authenticate their number generator.
Shit, I spat coke over my desk when I read this. Nice one, XA. Doctor NorthView, if you could please authenticate the integrity of Bodog's RNG, so we all can rest easy again?
Old Mar 27, 2006, 12:14am   #8
NorthView
Professional

NorthView

Pah. Everyone knows that you're more likely to flop Q73 than most other combinations, because the cards are more evenly spaced.

Same goes for K72, which is why 72 is such a strong hand.
NorthView est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 8:48pm   #9
gorckat
Brunson

gorckat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthView
Pah. Everyone knows that you're more likely to flop Q73 than most other combinations, because the cards are more evenly spaced.

Same goes for K72, which is why 72 is such a strong hand.
I'd belive that...at one point this past weekend, I believed:

1) Every Jx I was dealt hit the flop if I would fold, but not when I limped

2) My folded hands were telegraphing the next flop, so if I got dealt the same thing twice I should raise/call
gorckat est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 9:00pm   #10
cetacean
Grinder

cetacean has a spectacular aura aboutcetacean has a spectacular aura aboutcetacean has a spectacular aura about

Crap, the only thing that can come from this thread is another 9-3 lecture

cetacean est déconnecté   Reply With Quote