THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Feb 23, 2006, 4:50am   #1
patred48
Brunson

patred48
Default Good story from a home game -- n00b rarely folded a hand

Played tonight over at a friend's house. It was a $20 buy-in, 0.25/0.50 blinds, NL, cash game. Usually play once a month with 7-8 players, 3-4 regulars with other familiar people filling the rest of the spots.

Tonight there was a guy who I'd never seen before that somebody had recruited from work. I'm pretty sure he was fairly new to the game and not just great at acting like he was clueless (had to remind him of posting SB/BB, that he didn't have to call somebody's bet and could just fold, wait his turn to bet, etc, etc).

Anyway, this guy folded two hands pre-flop all night and saw the river 95% of the time.

You might think this was a great story about how all of us regulars took all his money, the keys to his car, deed to his house, first-born's soul, etc.

But he walked away with $100+.

I kid you not, he didn't respond to any kind of raise. One hand, someone raised $3 pre-flop with AA. He kept his 7-2o and flopped two 7's, and a 7 on the river to boot.

Made straights two hands in a row with A3o and something like 4-7o (pre-flop raises each time). On the A-3, he was ready to concede the chips after the river bet, but I pointed out that he had made the straight!

He had 6-10o one hand, called a pre flop raiser, 6-J-Q on the flop, called a big raise, 10 on the turn and 10 on the river.

In position, out of position, it didn't matter.

I just started chuckling everytime somebody made a big bet and he went reaching for chips. I was pretty happy that after two hours I was only down $1 or so while a couple people had already lost their re-buys.

I beat him a couple times with AJ with an A on the flop. One hand, I had K4o as BB, he had just called, flop was A-K-4. I bet a couple $$, he called, and I figured him for A-rag. Oh yeah, he had AK.

On another hand, I had AK and raised, he called, no help on the flop, he bet $1 and I reluctantly folded. He had A-T and paired the T on the turn.

Not a crying bad beat story because he didn't take much of my money.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 23, 2006, 11:28am   #2
Boomer2k6
TWLLM'ing My Showdowns

Boomer2k6 has a spectacular aura aboutBoomer2k6 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Boomer2k6 Send a message via MSN to Boomer2k6 Send a message via Skype™ to Boomer2k6

Had a similar situation in the last home game I played.

After the game we persuaded the winner to change his MSN name to "The River will Provide". Not kidding it was surreal.

My AA (raised) vs his 84o....Boatsville on the turn for him!!
My QQ (raised) vs his J8o....Straightsville on the river calling all my bets down on his gutshot!!

All sorts of fun. Was a bit miffed he took £20 off me (the buyin) but he's shipped enough in smaller games since to cover it . Next home game should be a riot.

Very enjoyable though...pity I can't play brick and mortar games to an even remote degree of competancy

Limit Holdem: Because All 4 Streets Matter!!

You've Nowhere to Hide
Nowhere to Run
You're Rage, It'll
BURN Like the Heart of the Sun!!
With Infinite Glee
It's Going to be Me
That Minbets The World!!!

Boomer2k6 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 10:48pm   #3
patred48
Brunson

patred48

A follow up to my first post ...

Played again last night. Same location, same format (.25/.50 NL, $20 buy in). Same fish who walked out last time with over $100 showed up about 30 minutes into everything.

He bought in three times over about 90 minutes and walked out with nothing. Playing every hand again this time not catching a damn thing.
Old Mar 31, 2006, 5:08pm   #4
SevenToo
Grinder

SevenToo

luck evens out ^^