THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Apr 12, 2006, 2:56am   #1
patred48
Brunson

patred48
Default AA vs KK vs T7s

I'm starting to like hitting a pair on the flop (top pair, middle pair, who care?) with a flush draw to boot. Anybody think this is wrong to chase a flush against two other players?

Full Tilt Poker Game #561184266: Table Hills Center - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em - 21:18:47 ET - 2006/04/11
Seat 1: Bumper ($10.25)
Seat 2: zagiace ($16.25)
Seat 3: 2Sure ($10.45)
Seat 4: ktrud693 ($5.90)
Seat 5: DJ Scissorhands ($8.20)
Seat 6: Beech Bum ($2.65)
Seat 7: Tewkster ($4)
Seat 8: The_Breezer ($7.70)
Seat 9: HERO ($7)

The_Breezer posts the small blind of $0.05
HERO posts the big blind of $0.10
The button is in seat #6

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to HERO [7d Td]
Bumper folds
zagiace folds
2Sure folds
ktrud693 folds
DJ Scissorhands raises to $0.35
Beech Bum folds
Tewkster is feeling happy
The_Breezer calls $0.30
HERO calls $0.25

*** FLOP *** [Jd Tc 2d]
The_Breezer bets $0.40
zagiace stands up
HERO raises to $0.80
DJ Scissorhands raises to $3
The_Breezer raises to $7.35, and is all in
jadedragon123 sits down
HERO has 15 seconds left to act
HERO calls $5.85, and is all in

(note: had a feeling that DJ would call especially with that strong bet over the top ... if I think it would have been heads up, probably would have folded ... heads up against either player, probably folding, too

DJ Scissorhands calls $4.35

The_Breezer shows [Ah Ad]
HERO shows [7d Td]
jadedragon123 adds $10
DJ Scissorhands shows [Kh Kd]

*** TURN *** [Jd Tc 2d] [6d]
*** RIVER *** [Jd Tc 2d 6d] [5h]

The_Breezer shows a pair of Aces
DJ Scissorhands shows a pair of Kings
The_Breezer wins the side pot ($1.40) with a pair of Aces
HERO shows a flush, Jack high
HERO wins the main pot ($19) with a flush, Jack high

*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $22.40 Main pot $21. Side pot $1.40. | Rake $2
Board: [Jd Tc 2d 6d 5h]
Seat 5: DJ Scissorhands showed [Kh Kd] and lost with a pair of Kings
Seat 8: The_Breezer (small blind) showed [Ah Ad] and won ($1.40) with a pair of Aces
Seat 9: HERO (big blind) showed [7d Td] and won ($19) with a flush, Jack high

Running it through the hand simulator, I was a only a *slight* underdog to the AA after the flop (48% vs 43%, KK at 7%). I'm a slight favorite if the Ad or Kd is another suit.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Apr 12, 2006, 3:49am   #2
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

If i read that correctly, you're getting 2 callers with a slightly less than 50% chance, which means you're making money on the play. Of course, if one had AA and the other KQd or any other, better diamond draw you're drawing slim. So in this situation you made the right play, and generally a flush draw plus a few live outs is going to be a +EV play in a multiway pot.

I can remember from a great number of memorable live limit hands, that I have made a pretty penny playing this kind of hand (although it was usually an ace-high draw with a pair of aces... which is almost always profitable - in your case, you do have to at least consider the possibility that you're drawing slim).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2006, 1:58pm   #3
patred48
Brunson

patred48

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWLLM
in your case, you do have to at least consider the possibility that you're drawing slim).
I considered that (notice how I got a time warning ) but didn't think they'd be betting that strongly with a flush draw. Maybe if Breezer just called the $3 raise I'd put him on a flush draw. Both bets said, "Go away" not "Call."

Of course, thankfully there wasn't a diamond on the river, too!

I had something like this happen the other day in a SnG, only I was the one getting beat. I had pocket 8's with 8KX (all diamonds) on the flop and two other players seeing the flop. First guy went all in, I called, and the last guy got a time warning and called with QQ with one Q a diamond. The first guy had Kh7s. Diamond on turn, and the QQ got the flush (Q on river to add insult to injury).

Although running that through the hand simulator the QQ was about 35% I guess because I already had trips.