THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Apr 20, 2006, 7:54pm   #1
ocie
Fish

ocie
Default Venting frustration

Ok, I realise you guys all have had this happen to you, but I just need to get this off my chest;

Playing 50 player sit'n'go on Partypoker, $22 buy-in. Been playing these tournaments now for a couple of months, and I'm starting to get reasonably good, at least enough to be in the black.

I've just read Harrington on Hold'Em (1 & 2), *highly* recommended btw, and this was one of my first games after my newly found knowledge!

About 25 players left, I have 7500 chips in my stack, tournament average is 5000, and I'm currently 4th. Pretty good, decent chance of reaching the final table and getting some money.

I get TT in late position, all fold before me. BLinds are 100/200, I put in a good sized bet of 800. BB calls. Pot is 1700.
Flop is 4,6,9 rainbow. Pretty good for a pair of tens if you ask me.
But then BB goes all in for his remaining 5000 or so chips.

Now, before reading Harrington I probably would have folded this, preferring to not take risks and live to fight another day; putting him on trips.
But now I know that if you have trips in this position nearly every player would slow-play, even beginners would know to slow-play this. So clearly he's trying to bully me out of the pot, and I assume he has two high cards.
So I call.

He flips over A9. I was right, I feel I have learned some good poker!

That lasted the fraction of a second partypoker allows before dealing more cards. Turn is A, and just to put the nail in the coffin river is 9. He gets a full house and runs away with nearly all my chips.

aaaargh!

Ocie
ocie est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Apr 21, 2006, 11:09am   #2
SidMaynard
Too tired for poker

SidMaynard

That is harsh my friend.

But as Harrington (he is God) would say, you made the correct play and that is all that counts.
SidMaynard est déconnecté   Reply With Quote