THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old May 08, 2006, 8:54pm   #1
theonlythree
aka 3

theonlythree is on a distinguished road
Default Achieved a Goal!

I've finally managed to stay disciplined for long enough to move up a level. On March 24th I came up with a little bankroll/game strategy to keep me from tilting, and build up my roll. I've met my goal to move up to .05/.10 NL (LOL) and .25/.50 Stud (LOL).

It feels good to be in control of yourself, and have success to back it up. My only concern is my sample size... It might be a little low. Here is some info from my 2 main games... The three numbers are net, BB/hr and hourly profit:

Long $0.10-0.20 7-stud (40.5 hrs): $60.25, 7.4, $1.49
Short $0.02-0.05NL (29.8 hrs) $71.23, 47.8, $2.39

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old May 08, 2006, 9:58pm   #2
Boomer2k6
TWLLM'ing My Showdowns

Boomer2k6 has a spectacular aura aboutBoomer2k6 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Boomer2k6 Send a message via MSN to Boomer2k6 Send a message via Skype™ to Boomer2k6

Nice work. Did you stick to 25 buyins then?

Limit Holdem: Because All 4 Streets Matter!!

You've Nowhere to Hide
Nowhere to Run
You're Rage, It'll
BURN Like the Heart of the Sun!!
With Infinite Glee
It's Going to be Me
That Minbets The World!!!

Boomer2k6 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 08, 2006, 10:21pm   #3
theonlythree
aka 3

theonlythree is on a distinguished road

Yeah. What I did was work my way up to 25 buyins and 500 big bets for the new level. For my next level, I'm going for 30 buy ins and 600 big bets. Following level will be 35 and 700..

Fun stuff.
Old May 09, 2006, 1:47am   #4
XA_kid
The Doyle

XA_kid is on a distinguished road

You can do it!
Old May 09, 2006, 2:04pm   #5
Rafvdv
Doyle Look-alike

Rafvdv

Nice work.

I use similar standards. I started ( after going broke) again about 3 months ago with a $10 voucher on pokerroom . plan was to play 1 S&G and if not in the money, some lucky dollar tounaments. I hit of rather well, and I set my goal to 20 buyins to move to the next level. I've started a few times with the $10+1 level when crossing $200. when dropping below , I played the 5+0.5 again. I'm now around $230, so 3 more losing $10+1 left before I drop back a level (will never happen )

On Tropical poker I have set completely different standard, but also stick to it. Started that site with $8.9 from Beta testing. Played in the 0.05/0.10 NL for a few weeks until I had a stack of $50. ( there's hardly any games there , big parts of the day there's just 0 Players). I decided open a NETELLEr account and move $50 every time I reach $100 on the site. I play the 0.25/0.50 there now, and don't worry about bankroll at all. When I reach 0 i'll uninstall the software and never return. Now have abou $70 on the account and $200 on Neteller thanks to all the beta testers who are now playing with there free money as if it where play money.

Like you said. setting your own limits is one of the most important measures from keeping you from doing stupid things, and as a result going broke or worse.