THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jun 05, 2006, 3:52am   #21
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder91
so what you're saying is that because there is no action it doesn't mean he gets rivered.....does that count if there is a check-down? no action there.......
Actually, yes, if you give your opponent a free card and they suck out on you, you have no right to complain.

Check-mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jun 05, 2006, 8:27am   #22
shredder91
Doyle Look-alike

shredder91

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWLLM
Quote:
so what you're saying is that because there is no action it doesn't mean he gets rivered.....does that count if there is a check-down? no action there.......
Actually, yes, if you give your opponent a free card and they suck out on you, you have no right to complain.

Check-mate.
Who's complaining, i thought this was about only being 'rivered' if there was action - you said this couldn't be the case if all chips were in, but a check down disputes that.

En garde!
shredder91 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 05, 2006, 2:38pm   #23
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Check-mate.
Who's complaining, i thought this was about only being 'rivered' if there was action - you said this couldn't be the case if all chips were in, but a check down disputes that.

En garde!
The key would be the action. If all the chips are in, or both are checking, that counts as no action. You don't get rivered if all the action happens preflop, or if for example both bet preflop then check down. Is this REALLY this difficult?

Quote:
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
Old Jun 05, 2006, 7:58pm   #24
shredder91
Doyle Look-alike

shredder91

FFs, are you really going on about this still, i'm pretty sure i said....yep i just read up above i did say it, that we won't agree on this so give it up.

and this isn't me accepting defeat, its me getting very bored of you.

and checking is an action seeing as the player has to make the decision toi , i guess it must be that difficult!
Old Jun 05, 2006, 11:44pm   #25
TWLLM

Quote:
FFs, are you really going on about this still, i'm pretty sure i said....yep i just read up above i did say it, that we won't agree on this so give it up.

and checking is an action seeing as the player has to make the decision toi , i guess it must be that difficult!
Anyone who complains "I got rivered" after checking it down would be making a ridiculous claim, even though according to your standards they'd be right. So I guess we do just disagree.

Quote:
Old Jun 06, 2006, 8:20am   #26
shredder91
Doyle Look-alike

shredder91

Quote:
Quote:

Anyone who complains "I got rivered" after checking it down would be making a ridiculous claim, even though according to your standards they'd be right. So I guess we do just disagree.
Who's complainging? Only sounds like one whiny so and so round here.....
Old Jun 06, 2006, 2:53pm   #27
TWLLM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Who's complainging? Only sounds like one whiny so and so round here.....
Yeah... ok. Like I said earlier, check-mate.

Quote:
Old Jun 06, 2006, 8:09pm   #28
shredder91
Doyle Look-alike

shredder91

yeah, you got me beat, i feel so down-trodden, how will i continue knowing that a genius has cut me down? life was once so pretty but now seems so bitter

and so on......
Old Jun 06, 2006, 11:52pm   #29
TWLLM

Quote:
yeah, you got me beat, i feel so down-trodden, how will i continue knowing that a genius has cut me down? life was once so pretty but now seems so bitter

and so on......
Now, THAT is comedy!

Quote:
Old Jun 07, 2006, 10:29am   #30
shredder91
Doyle Look-alike

shredder91

Quote:
Quote:

and so on......
Now, THAT is comedy!
monty pythons chief writer in my previous life!